Best Android phone you've had?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about what my favorite Android device was and I have to go with my original Nexus One by HTC. I still think the device was ahead of its time.

It had a great screen and fourm factor with the only real downfall being it was limited to just 512MB of app memory which made it limited to having a lot of apps.

But after I rooted the device and installed the early Cyanogen ROM, the device just came alive. I honestly think they should update the device and re-release a special edition. The only bad side of that thought is the market has changed and everyone wants large screens.

Still will be one of my all time favorite of the Nexus line, just thought I would share my thoughts on a great device back in the early days of Android.

That was a really cool phone! I really miss the Nexus line. My love for my Nexus 5 prompted me to go stock Android again with the Pixel 2. What phone are you using now?

bakron1

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I am currently using a Note 9, Blackberry Key2 and a iPhone XS. I am also an ambassador on the CB and iMore forums and enjoy being a phone junkie and posting my experiences.

bakron1

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
That was a really cool phone! I really miss the Nexus line. My love for my Nexus 5 prompted me to go stock Android again with the Pixel 2. What phone are you using now?

I am currently using a Note 9, Blackberry Key2 and a iPhone XS. I am also an ambassador on the CB and iMore forums and enjoy being a phone junkie and posting my experiences.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
That's quite the fleet of devices, you really are a phone junkie!

What I like in your choice is that you have a very nice variety, none of those devices are the same, one is a full on productivity Phablet, the next is a Keyboard based tool and then finally the simple yet powerful Apple device.

Do you go between them weekly or carry them altogether?

bakron1

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
That's quite the fleet of devices, you really are a phone junkie!

What I like in your choice is that you have a very nice variety, none of those devices are the same, one is a full on productivity Phablet, the next is a Keyboard based tool and then finally the simple yet powerful Apple device.

Do you go between them weekly or carry them altogether?

I try and rotate weekly, but I use iMac 27's in my business, so if I am working on a hot project I usually stick with my iPhone XS because of the integration between my device and my Mac desktop for emails and messaging.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Great lineup of phones you've got, there! And I approve of your ambassador hobbies! :)

JRF_1986

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had many Android phones over the years. I've had many that were favorites like my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, GNex and Note 2. I also loved the feel of the OG Moto X and the cameras on my LG G5, that wide-angle camera is fun to use. Currently I still have the G5 along with my Xperia Z3, Xperia XZs, Note 8 and Essential PH1. I would probably give my Note 2 the #1 spot, that phone was just the best and I used the S Pen for everything. I've not used it much on my Note 8, at least nowhere near as much. As for my favorite feel in the hand is a close call between my Essential phone and the Xperia XZs.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had over 25 phones in the last 20 years.

The ones I remember more fondly have been the Samsung Sidekick G4, Blackberry Bold and thee Sony Xperia Z3.

Right now I'm using the Samsung S10 Plus.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think my favorite was my unlocked 512GB Note 9. Seems like that phone just about had it all. These S10+es are right up there with it though.

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I was most excited for the Motorola Droid 2 Global, the update of the OG Droid (which was my previous favorite phone). It took everything that was great about the Droid and made it better. I was a huge BlackBerry fan, using a BlackBerry Storm (yes, I had one of those) and a BlackBerry Tour (my favorite BlackBerry phone) so I was attracted to that slide out keyboard. I thought it was so cool that a phone could hide the keyboard considering my BlackBerries had them prominently displayed. And the Droid was a beast. I used it while the display was falling off and it still worked. It's the only phone I held onto for two years, which is super rare these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699