Amazon Chromecast Shipments not until 21 August...

dfalck

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My Amazon order was just updated to say I should be receiving it by August 15th. My original order was placed July 25th and I chose free shipping. One of the Amazon reps did upgrade my shipping to next day during one of our chats. I'm not holding my breath but we'll see when (if) this shows up.

My order shows shipped today, August 13th, complete with a UPS tracking number. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I'll update when have it in my hands.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the same thing I place the order on july 31 it went from August to now they telling me is oct 17

hang in there;

I ordered my 1st Chromecast on July 24, about 11:30 AM EST and got it last week on Saturday. I ordered my 2st Chromecast on Sunday July 28, about 7 PM EST and it arrived today.

dfalck

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine from Amazon yesterday, August 14th. Only took 19 days to get it. Worth the wait however. Got it set up quick and spent the rest of the evening using it with my kids.

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who ordered from Amazon on July 24th (late afternoon, IIRC) and still hasn't received it yet? I'm seeing a lot of people claiming they ordered after I did and have already received. I'm starting to get annoyed.

mlett

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on Aug 1 so I'm wondering when my will ship. I just ordered on Google Play for it said will ship by Sept 3. I hope Amazon's ships before since i have Prime, but we'll see.

I'm glad to see that those that ordered on July 26 & 27 are getting theirs. Maybe, just maybe mine will come before Labor Day. I waited to order due to being on vacation the end of July-begin of August, I guess I didn't have to worry about it being delivered while on vacation!

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Uggh, arguing with an Amazon rep on chat right now. Seems I can't prove that other people who ordered later than me (July 24th) have already received their Chromecast (they actually asked me for someone elses order number, what a joke), so they don't want to do anything about it. I may just have to shut down this order and go through Google Play. I qualified for the free NetFlix offer though, so I hate to do it.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on July 26th and received it yesterday.

LOL. Ordered mine the 26th and still says shipping 10/18 - 11/6.

Ordered one from the Play Store on 8/6 and it shipped yesterday.

Sorry amazon, you can ship mine to someone else in Oct/Nov once I cancel my order.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy taking orders again. I just ordered my 2nd Chromecast and it says estimated delivery between 9/3 and 9/6. Free shipping and 3 months free subscription to Netflix still included. Maybe supply is starting to catch up to demand.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I got an order confirmation email from BB after placing the order and about 15 minutes later I got a notice that my order had been cancelled. Went back to the BB website and now it's saying Sold Out Online again so I guess I didn't get my order in quick enough.

Last edited:

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered it from Best Buy. It makes me mad because I have a $20.00 gift card for Amazon and wasn't paying full price, but that doesn't help me if they never ship it. I might just keep the other one and have two because I really want to know when it's shipping. At this point I just need to know.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Chromecast being delivered from Amazon tomorrow. Nice to see them get a shipment before the October date that was previously sent out. I'm enjoying the one I luckily bought off an acquaintance that had no need for it. It will be a nice present and complimentary device for my father for when he gets his Moto X!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non