Chromecast at best buy

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
After having mine for 2 days now, This thing for the money and simplicity is probably one of the best purchases I've made in a while... When you find one and hook it up you won't regret it.
Matt

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
If you purchase multiple units, do you get 3 months Netflix credit for each one? I was lucky to get one the very first day they came out at Best Buy in Fort Worth, TX. When I got mine, the Netflix code was printed right on my store receipt and when I got home, there was also an email with the same code waiting for me. I've been interested in picking up a 2nd one for my bedroom TV but haven't timed it right yet. Yesterday, I called the local Fort Worth store at 10:00 when they opened as the website was showing "in store only". Girl said they got 5 units delivered the previous night and when I called, they had 4 units left. Asked if they could hold one but they said they couldn't. Decided to sneak out from the office and by the time I got to the store at about 10:45, they had sold out.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
A local Best Buy showed inventory on the website at 7 am so I walked in at 10:10 am. (it opened at 10 am)
After asking a few guys and being moved around a bit I was told they all sold out just before I walked in.
I suspect that the employees decided to buy them after I stated that the store had inventory.
Maybe this is the reason that I never shop at Best Buy; this was a total waste of my time and gas for my car.

Last edited:

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The usual 2 places in the stores depending on that particular store's setup is going be between near the computers and the iPads or over in the Home Theater section around up above on clamp racks near the Rokus. I been in at least 3 stores and that is where they are located at. I may think about considering buying a few extras and help send some out to help anyone out that is having a hard getting them? Between me and my wife I bet we could have snag at least 15 of these Chromecast in the last 2 days by now!

Last edited:

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Was at Best Buy in Destin Florida. They had ten. I bought two, and got three months Netflix.

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7

baldbear

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If you purchase multiple units, do you get 3 months Netflix credit for each one? I was lucky to get one the very first day they came out at Best Buy in Fort Worth, TX. When I got mine, the Netflix code was printed right on my store receipt and when I got home, there was also an email with the same code waiting for me. I've been interested in picking up a 2nd one for my bedroom TV but haven't timed it right yet. Yesterday, I called the local Fort Worth store at 10:00 when they opened as the website was showing "in store only". Girl said they got 5 units delivered the previous night and when I called, they had 4 units left. Asked if they could hold one but they said they couldn't. Decided to sneak out from the office and by the time I got to the store at about 10:45, they had sold out.
Yes, you can use multiple codes, you just have to let the 3 months expire in between (they have to be done one at a time).

docbeatle

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was at Best Buy today and had a Customer Service rep tell me and her manager that they had two for sale this morning, and she sold one and she wanted one for herself. I hope Best Buy is ready to have their employees be their only customers left.

There shouldn't be any sales to employees until the store stock stabilizes and the customer demand slows.

Last edited:

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I was at Best Buy today and had a Customer Service rep tell me and her manager that they had two for sale this morning, and she sold one and she wanted one for herself. I hope Best Buy is ready to have their employees be their only customers left.

There shouldn't be any sales to employees until the store stock stabilizes and the customer demand slows.

I work at a Best Buy. We buy ours whenever the store opens, we fill customer orders first, and there is no reason why employees shouldn't be treated like customers. We get paid **** and do not get a discount on the Chromecast. I understand not selling it to employees before the store opens but when they're not working they should get the same treatment as anyone else. Most of the employees at our store are still waiting for one. I have my original order on Amazon still waiting for delivery on October 16th, but I bought the one my mobile manager since he didn't really use it (he was one of the two employees that ordered from our store that actually got their order fulfilled, while we only received 25 Chromecasts).

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine posted on G+ that he found 10 at our local BB and he bought one of them. As soon as I saw the post I called BB. The rep I spoke with said they had 8 left (around 6pm) but they couldn't hold one for me. I was at work and just figured I'd go in the morning and grab one. As luck would have it, another friend was heading to BB anyway and I asked him to grab me one. When he got there around 7pm there were only 2 left! He bought em both, one for each of us!

I play with my food

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
No. You shouldn't be allowed to buy one when you are on the clock. Go in on your break or when you are off.

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I work at a Best Buy. We buy ours whenever the store opens, we fill customer orders first, and there is no reason why employees shouldn't be treated like customers. We get paid **** and do not get a discount on the Chromecast. I understand not selling it to employees before the store opens but when they're not working they should get the same treatment as anyone else. Most of the employees at our store are still waiting for one. I have my original order on Amazon still waiting for delivery on October 16th, but I bought the one my mobile manager since he didn't really use it (he was one of the two employees that ordered from our store that actually got their order fulfilled, while we only received 25 Chromecasts).

Employees should not be allowed to buy anything like this while they are working. But hey, if best buy wants to continue treating customers like crap then I'll keep giving my business to Amazon. If circuit city was around I'd go to them first. Their customer service was miles ahead of bb, too bad the company didn't know how to manage their money.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
one BB CS was kind of bragging about how employees, and their friends were buying um all up and selling um on eBay.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If people would stop overpaying on eBay and be patient, the scalping would stop pretty quickly. Then if would be really funny if the scalpers tried to return them but the stores would only give them a refund for $11. (less the cost of Netflix credit) :D :D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy employees - don't brag about it to general public.

Just sayin.

I have no issues with employees and friends and family of employees getting tipped on the Chromecast. Supply and demand. But when a regular customer walks in, don't tell them that you bought the last one.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Employees should not be allowed to buy anything like this while they are working. But hey, if best buy wants to continue treating customers like crap then I'll keep giving my business to Amazon. If circuit city was around I'd go to them first. Their customer service was miles ahead of bb, too bad the company didn't know how to manage their money.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

You didn't seem to read my post. We're not allowed to buy on the clock. When we're not on the clock, we are customers. Simply put, maybe now people will see it. I work my *** off, but apparently employees by you don't share the same work ethic.

aimfire72

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
You know I was thinking the same thing here lately. I just did not want to spread rumors/conspiracies or a lies around. I believe you are onto something with the employees doing that. Believe what they might be doing is calling up a friend/family member on their phone and seeing what the Chromecast are going for on Ebay! Along the lines of saying "Come pick up a couple these items, I will sell them at a huge profit and split some of the profits with you!". One just never knows when things like this goes on due to the Supply & Demand rule!!! Eventually I hope everyone that wants the Chromecast will be able to get at some point!

Yeah, probably... for the past few weeks I've been rushing over to several BB's when I'd see they had them in stock on the web site. And I'd ALWAYS get the same story: "Sorry, we just sold out an hour ago." So I was at BB a few days ago exchanging an N7, casually asked the customer service girl if they had any in stock - she gave me the same old "sold out an hour ago" story. Didn't seem right, this BB is out of the way and always has stuff in stock. So I went to the computer section, asked the girl there, and she went in the back to check... One minute later, she comes out with a Chromecast for me! So yeah... sold out, huh?

Employees are totally setting them aside for themselves and friends. Same exact crap happened with the HP Touchpad fire sale a couple years ago. :/

Posted via Android Central App