Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Not a solution for everyone, but if you have an android tablet that supports multiple users (I have the Nexus 10), you can cast to a different cc from each profile at the same time.

Chrome for Android does not support casting yet so this is not a solution for anyone. The question was how to cast from Chrome using multiple tabs. We are talking about Chrome for either Windows or Mac at the moment.

nguyen2011

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have tried and it works perfectly on 2 chromecast TV at our sunday school.
Simply create 2 Google chrome profile / user in settings, open the other user easily by clicking on top left icon of browser. Each user can chromecast separately, works best on YouTube though.
xfGf93O.png

TheDavidMSmith

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This worked perfectly for me - on a Mac even. Much easier and stabler than running multiple VM instances.
Thanks for the tip!

Here is a working method, not to difficult to implement.

1) Create a chrome shortcut (other then your current).
2) Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
3) On the Shortcut tab, edit the target to look as follows:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir=D:\Chrome\ProfileName

The bold is what you will need to add, the path will be wherever your Chrome is installed. With this, the chrome shortcut will use a new profile, so it will allow you to stream to a different chromecast.

My goal was to do this with NFL Sunday Ticket HOWEVER, you cannot log into the NFL Sunday Ticket from a different browser (it limits you to one login at a time...) so if you happen to be trying the same thing and find a workaround for that, I'd love to know.

randommando

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Nguyen2011, you are amazing

OK,

I rarely if ever respond to forum posts. But, THANK YOU so much! your method worked perfectly, now my company can have one computer open with multiple chrome users running multiple tabs to multiple chromcast devices. You sir/madam, have made my day. Keep being awesome.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell Pandora or whatever to cast to two different chromecasts at the same time.. Like to have the same music playing throughout the house

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

randyboy81

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I have tried and it works perfectly on 2 chromecast TV at our sunday school.
Simply create 2 Google chrome profile / user in settings, open the other user easily by clicking on top left icon of browser. Each user can chromecast separately, works best on YouTube though.
View attachment 83832

Thanks for this!

But i would like for this to be taken a notch longer.. Would it be possible to autostart those profiles AND autocast the default homepage?

sthong21

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
This works but the directions need clarification / tweaking:

1. Create users first in Chrome (Settings -> Users).
2. Then create shortcuts for Chrome that launch passing in
--profile-directory="profile 1"

where profile 1 is the new user you created.

Here is a working method, not to difficult to implement.

1) Create a chrome shortcut (other then your current).
2) Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
3) On the Shortcut tab, edit the target to look as follows:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir=D:\Chrome\ProfileName

The bold is what you will need to add, the path will be wherever your Chrome is installed. With this, the chrome shortcut will use a new profile, so it will allow you to stream to a different chromecast.

My goal was to do this with NFL Sunday Ticket HOWEVER, you cannot log into the NFL Sunday Ticket from a different browser (it limits you to one login at a time...) so if you happen to be trying the same thing and find a workaround for that, I'd love to know.

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bump an older thread but I'm looking to do this exact thing. has anyone else experimented with this?

My specific goal is to have 4 TVs at work that will display a web page that scrolls through various screens with stats and things. I'd want to run all 4 TVs from one laptop (or VM).

Could I basically just create 4 users in Chrome and then make 4 shortcuts and point one at each user? Then I can point 1 browser windows at each TV?

Is there any better way to do this?

Thanks.

copper7op

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I've done it by linking user accounts, and used the Shift-Click method to stream content. I installed Multi-User Chrome, then shift-right-clicked on the chrome shortcut and chose "Run as another User". I then toss in credentials as another user, and poof, 2 instances of chrome running side-byside so I can multicast.

Very resource intensive however

12tools

May 31, 2016
Visit site
is easy go to chrome settings -people add person name it select and icon hit add .
then at the top where on the right side you see the name click it switch person a new tab opens then you need to install the extension on that one .
sofar good cast first tab then switch person at the top new one opens you can cast then on that one to let's say you have playing music in living room with tab one tab two garage Netflix .
I donnot know with how many chromecast s it goes I used 2 .
experiment with it I would say .

Casey45

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
More easier: It's not even necessary to add different persons in chrome settings.
Simply click on 'Cast' and cast to a Chromecast device of your choice. After that click on new tab and repeat the procedure (unlimited tabs, same person).

BUT, still no solution to cast simultaneously (from 1 device or tab to multiple chromecasts at the same time)?
I have 5 monitors with chromecast and want to cast a presentation on all together (simultaneously) with chromecast.
How? Anyone??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress