Sound from tv speakers only

zixca

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I love my Chromecast however I can only get sound from the tv speakers. I would like to use my wireless headphones that I plug into our surround sound receiver but can't figure out how to do so. The receiver is old and does not have a HDMI port. Both sets of Audio Out on the tv are in use, one to the receiver and the other to the DVD. I have tried all kinds of setting adjustments to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Why do you have an Audio Out from the TV to the DVD? The DVD shouldn't need an audio input.

zixca

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
good question Diddy, I just assumed that is where it was going. I will check on that. The tv has only 2 audio outs and both are in use. The components are a cable box, dvd and surround sound receiver.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The surround sound should be the only component that needs an audio output from the TV, so hopefully you'll have another available audio output to use for a wireless headphone setup.

Posted via Android Central App

zixca

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
B Diddy, sorry for the long delay, lots going on around here this time of year. I checked and I do only have one audio out on the television and it is connected to the surround sound system. I contacted Samsung (maker of the tv) and after much time learned that there is no way to direct audio from the HDMI port which is where the Chromecast is located. The surround system is older and does not even have a HDMI port so cannot connect the Chromecast there...Fortunately, I do get the audio from the television speakers so all is not lost, just the better sound and the ability to listen to the audio output on my wireless speakers. Thanks again for your help and have a Merry Christmas! Zixca

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch