Can't remember how I got Localcast to route audio to phone

virtuouskate

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the newest Chromecast (think it's 2nd gen), Samsung Galaxy S6 (still running Lollipop), and the most up-to-date version of Localcast. Twice now I've managed to watch Netflix and Amazon Video on my TV and listened to the audio on my phone's wired headphones. (Haven't been able to use wireless, but I'm not sure the phone is capable of using a Bluetooth headset while being Bluetooth'd to the Chromecast.)

The problem is, I can't remember how the heck I did it! The first time I felt like I was just tapping on the same random things over and over and somehow managed to get it to work. The second time, I made a point of paying attention to what I was doing, but again just kept tapping on the same few things until I got frustrated and gave up, when I accidentally got it to work again. Tonight, I tried everything I could think of, multiple times, with no luck.

The only part I remember for sure is that I use screen casting in the Chromecast app (so technically the video is playing on my phone and the TV at the same time). The Localcast instructions say to tap "route audio to phone" on the "Now Playing" screen, but I have neither of those anywhere in the app. Googling brings me the same instructions and no other help. I bought the new Chromecast specifically so that I could use it to watch videos on my TV and still hear the sound through my headphones.

I have a hearing disorder that makes it hard to hear the television, which does not have a headphone jack, and the Chromecast-Localcast-headphone solution was exactly what I was looking for. The screen casting works just fine and there's no lag between the video on TV and the audio on my phone, which was a problem with the original Chromecast. I know the audio-routing thing in Localcast is still in beta, but like I said, once I got it to work, it worked perfectly both times.

Jomide

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi Virtuouskate, I don't know if you found the solution by now. I had the same problem. All you need is a third party app (the one I use is SoundAbout). It redirect the sound output where you want it (phone speaker, bluetooth headphones, etc).

So step one, start Chromecast, then start your Netflix, amazon, whatever video app and cast your screen.
Step two, whithout closing your cast (dont close the app) , launch SoundAbout and choose where you want to output your audio.
Step three, go back to your original video app, and voila! Your audio will be redirected where you wanted it to be.

Regards

NnJLT

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi Virtuouskate, I don't know if you found the solution by now. I had the same problem. All you need is a third party app (the one I use is SoundAbout). It redirect the sound output where you want it (phone speaker, bluetooth headphones, etc).

So step one, start Chromecast, then start your Netflix, amazon, whatever video app and cast your screen.
Step two, whithout closing your cast (dont close the app) , launch SoundAbout and choose where you want to output your audio.
Step three, go back to your original video app, and voila! Your audio will be redirected where you wanted it to be.

Regards

Step two, Localcast says « Nothing Playing » and no audio output choice option is in sight :’(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non