Home is randomly waking up, why?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
We've had our Home for a several weeks now and really enjoy using it. But for a a while now, for no known reason, it wakes up as if someone said "Ok Google". Thing is, nobody prompted it, nobody on the TV said "Ok Google" (via TV commercial", nada, nothing, I can just be sitting quietly watching tv then it just will randomly wake and then go back to "sleep".

Can't for the life of me figure out why.

Any thoughts/ideas what's going on??

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same thing too. For me, it's always when the TV is on so I've been thinking it's mishearing the dialogue. It's happened about half a dozen times now.

anstro76

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Damn it's been happening to me, a couple times when the house was completely silent and was going to sleep. First time it freaked me the f out. Was hoping someone here had an answer.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Still having issues with random wakes. It's not TV commercials for the "Home" device or anything similar.

It's happening more often now. Can't figure out how to stop it without turning off mic.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
and how does one do that?

Press and hold the microphone mute on the back of Google Home for about 15 seconds. You will hear your Google Assistant confirm that it is resetting Google Home.

After that just reset it back up like you did when you first got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez