Flimsy headset?

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Had my N1 since the beginning of February. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed while trying to pause my music that the control buttons on my headset weren't working.

At first I attributed to yet another bug in the Desire ROM for Nexus One.. So I lived with it, until I got sick of the Desire ROM and came back to a mostly stock ROM.

Cue today, I tried again and the buttons didn't do anything. Strange. A bug in the customized ROM?

So I plugged in my headset on my Macbook. Back in February I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the buttons on the headset were able to control iTunes, just like with the Apple earphones.

Sure enough, nothing happened this time around. The buttons did nothing. I can only guess now that the headset's buttons are dead, something got disconnected somehow as I carried them around and used them.

doh :(

Was I too rough on my headphones? I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to me, both ears still work fine so I hope I'm not slowly breaking them by rolling them (in a circle about the size of my fist) every time I'm done with them?

P.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No problem with headset that came with the N1 so far.
However I did buy a pair of expensive after-market headsets for music and the same thing happened to them. No clue how, but I suspect the switch/mic is the weak point of these things.

If anything, the N1 headset seems more robust than most.

cianpop

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem, phoned up HTC and they sent out a new pair straight away, no questions asked. It must be a common bug. Same thing happened with my old HTC Hero ones (which are the exact same but white).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non