Burn in

tom28

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Had my nexus one since last march but I never noticed the notification bar was burned in. I was looking at a white page in landscape and noticed it. I have another month for the warranty but I'm afraid they might not have any ATT N1 left. I'm trying jscreen fix right now. Any of you guys know anything else that might help?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Had my nexus one since last march but I never noticed the notification bar was burned in. I was looking at a white page in landscape and noticed it. I have another month for the warranty but I'm afraid they might not have any ATT N1 left. I'm trying jscreen fix right now. Any of you guys know anything else that might help?

No fix will actually work because its not a messed up pixel or "burn in " on an OLED display is actually degradation of the material.... the material is dying and the color shifts eventually the rest of the screen will catch up and you wont notice it but that could be a long time.

i bought my girlfriends phone (captivate) from Craigslist and her screen had "burn in" so i bought a replacement screen and swapped it out , cost me $80.

i know this about OLED's because i am on the team that develops them. samsung and others purchase the technology from us.

Reactions: tom28

tom28

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the explanation. Looks like call to HTC tomorrow. Good thing I found out about this this month instead of next.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Been many threads on this issue with the nexus. The white color is the problem, The pixels wear out. Using an all black color bar is the best way to avoid this.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Been many threads on this issue with the nexus. The white color is the problem, The pixels wear out. Using an all black color bar is the best way to avoid this.

Its actually the blue out of the three colors , Red, green , and blue. blue dies the quicest.. White consumes the most power because all three colors are on at the same time to create the white color...but the blue degrading is what shifts the color

tom28

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So the phone is going back to HTC for repair. Going to go back to using my good ol trusty Nokia E71.