Nexus 10 Case

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I am pissed. I waited almost a month for it to ship, then mine was shipped USPS a week ago. It made it all the way across the country to my zip code's sorting facility, then was never delivered and now tracking it says it is back in San Fransisco again (which is where Poetic is located). Calling USPS was a total waste of 40 min of time and beyond frustrating, especially trying to get past their damn combative auto attendant. They are so clueless they could not tell me anything about why or even what address it was supposed was used. The tracking site still says it is supposed to be delivered to me Jan 5. I can't stand dealing with USPS and think it is a HUGE negative when ordering things.

Anyway, I gave up and contacted Poetic via Amazon. Guess I have weeks of more waiting :(

USPS has gone so far down hill. I ordered 4 video games at once and i slept next to my front door timed everything perfectly waited hours, walked into the bathroom to pee and wash hands took 3 minutes back to front door and package never showed up, he claimed he put it on my enclosed porch, he said a neighbor must of stolen it. I'm like when i was waiting all day, told me not his fault, once delivered its my responsibility.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
USPS has gone so far down hill. I ordered 4 video games at once and i slept next to my front door timed everything perfectly waited hours, walked into the bathroom to pee and wash hands took 3 minutes back to front door and package never showed up, he claimed he put it on my enclosed porch, he said a neighbor must of stolen it. I'm like when i was waiting all day, told me not his fault, once delivered its my responsibility.

And some genius at the top wonders why they lose millions of dollars every year.

byoung1989

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail (Indiana). I like it, so far. Very slimming but nothing really special. One of the magnets already came out, but i just pushed it back in, so not a complete loss there.

Overall...7/10

edit: I got the Poetic Slimline in Black I ordered it Christmas Day and got it yesterday, the 10th.

BigJArm

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the Bear Motion case and it's sweet. The microfiber started to separate from the rubber around the pogo cutout and they had me a new one in 2 days.

Overall the quality is amazing and I really like the case.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had a zagg on my phone didn't care for it. I like the smoothness of the glass and the zagg has a bumpy texture. Also, the screen doesn't look as crisp looking through the zagg.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had a zagg on my phone didn't care for it. I like the smoothness of the glass and the zagg has a bumpy texture. Also, the screen doesn't look as crisp looking through the zagg.

Agreed; had one on my phone and distorted images/color over time - not bad enough to make the phone unusable, but bad enough to be noticeable.

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for an official smart cover will come out sooner than is typical for a Nexus device but I still wanted some protection in the meantime so how could I resist giving the rooCASE a shot. I have to say I'm totally satisfied for the price!
PROS
Fits snugly and has all the appropriate cuts outs for speakers, cameras, and ports.
Smart cover turns the device on and off but doesn't turn it off when folded behind like I've read some covers do.
Two slim pockets in the cover for business cards, receipts, whatever.
Stylus holder if you can find a stylus worth using on the N10.
Ships in under a week (US), mine arrived two days prior to the expected date.
Cost is 1 freakin cent!
CONS
A bit bulky I guess
Some may not prefer the fake leather.
I guess that's it really. Its not gorgeous but its 1?!
Check out the pic gallery I threw together and let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for an official smart cover will come out sooner than is typical for a Nexus device but I still wanted some protection in the meantime so how could I resist giving the rooCASE a shot. I have to say I'm totally satisfied for the price!
PROS
Fits snugly and has all the appropriate cuts outs for speakers, cameras, and ports.
Smart cover turns the device on and off but doesn't turn it off when folded behind like I've read some covers do.
Two slim pockets in the cover for business cards, receipts, whatever.
Stylus holder if you can find a stylus worth using on the N10.
Ships in under a week (US), mine arrived two days prior to the expected date.
Cost is 1 freakin cent!
CONS
A bit bulky I guess
Some may not prefer the fake leather.
I guess that's it really. Its not gorgeous but its 1?!
Check out the pic gallery I threw together and let me know if you have any questions.

I agree, this case is well worth the $5. The chemical smell also entirely disappears on a few weeks :)

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw on a few places online that the Poetic Slimline case makes the volume and power buttons hard to access on the Nexus 10. Is this true?

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
And you're still happy with it? I still haven't gotten a case...I've been holding off for a long time waiting for something great to come out, but I'm at the point now where I really do need to get something...even if it's just to hold me over. I'm attracted to the slimline because I want something without much bulk, lightweight, attractive and can be used as a stand.Are you happy with yours or would you recommend looking elsewhere?

jigsawhc

Apr 11, 2011
www.xblaratings.com
I am. It is not perfect as some others above mentioned in their reviews, but for the price it is pretty good. I use it as my day-to-day around the house case. It only offers minimal protection because of how slim it is, but I'm ok with that.

I do also have an i-Blason Auto Slim folio Book Shell Case which I use for when I'm going to throw it in my backpack for the day/week. I had this one first since the Poetic Slimline took a while to come out.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am. It is not perfect as some others above mentioned in their reviews, but for the price it is pretty good. I use it as my day-to-day around the house case. It only offers minimal protection because of how slim it is, but I'm ok with that.

I do also have an i-Blason Auto Slim folio Book Shell Case which I use for when I'm going to throw it in my backpack for the day/week. I had this one first since the Poetic Slimline took a while to come out.

I am running the same combination for the same reasons. I think you hit the nail on the head

Sent from my N10 using Tapatalk HD

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I saw on a few places online that the Poetic Slimline case makes the volume and power buttons hard to access on the Nexus 10. Is this true?

I haven't had any issues accessing the buttons. The case sticks out a little bit beside the volume up, but it's not in the way. Here's a pic:

2013-01-14_15-09-38_140.jpg

2013-01-14_15-09-10_641.jpg

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Poetic finally responded to my query saying they don't know why it was returned to them. (And USPS has still not contacted me- no surprise there). They asked if my address was correct, it was, and if I still wanted it shipped again, I do. Has been over 24 hours, again, with no response to that message so this just keeps dragging on and on.

If a company is not going to provide a phone number, I think the least they can do is respond to Email in a timely manner; especially when the customer has been wronged and is justifiably upset. A few hours is OK. Several is pushing it. When it becomes more than a day, that is very poor.

I don't want a credit, I just want them to communicate quickly, ship it to me immediately, and if they want to make up for some of this negative experience, then slap faster shipping on it so I am not waiting another whole week on top of all this back-and-forth. Sorry, just venting a bit.

And the saga continues. Poetic never answered my question as to why it was sent back, so they shipped it AGAIN via USPS. And now another week is lost as USPS never even attempted delivery and sent it right back across the country to Poetic again. Lovely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non