Nexus 10 battery indicator issue

Ehsan Maleki

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the battery indicator on my Nexus 10 isn't reading the battery level correctly. It gets stuck on some percentage and then stays there. When I restart, the actual battery level shows. This is pretty annoying as my tablet could just shut down from low battery without my knowledge.

Anyone else having this issue? I haven't tried a factory reset yet because it's a bit annoying to get everything set up again. I wanted to see if anyone else has already tried anything successful first.

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I'm talking about the actual battery indicator in the settings, not any third party apps.

Well then no I have never heard of that at all. However it is normal for your battery to show a different percent percentage after a reboot. (But just by a couple percent)

Dale M

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
On my Nx 10 , the battery indicator in the settings app reads the battery life and the length of time since the last charge. These values do not auto update, but at the top right corner of the screen there is a 'refresh' button that will take another snapshot of the current data and display it.

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well then no I have never heard of that at all. However it is normal for your battery to show a different percent percentage after a reboot. (But just by a couple percent)

I had my phone once think it was fully charged after a reboot, only to die at 80%.

via Tapatalk

Tony Machado

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine for only a couple of days and I'm having the same exact problem. Aftrer the second full charge I was on the device for several hours and the battery showed 100% until a reboot. Does anyone think we should return them or is it possible google will fix this with software?

Last edited:

tabletmonkey

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Just offering my experience.

I had a Nexus 10 which had the same sounding issue. I thought it was a one-off so ignored it the first time. With mine the battery would read at a level say 40% and then suddenly during use the screen would flicker and the device would turn off immediately, I rarely if ever got any battery warnings displayed. I would then plugin the charger and find it registering as no charge at all. When this happened a second time I did a search on the net and found only one forum thread with people reporting the exact same issue, who had sent their tablet back under RMA.

I called google about this and they told me to RMA - I was able to get an advance replacement, which so far has been a huge improvement. I can leave it for days in standby with minimal battery loss. I also have not experience the battery indicator issues any more. It seems there might be a flaw with some batteries. I would suggest you might like to consider RMA with google. I know it is annoying, but the Nexus is a fantastic device, I would not accept one with any defects.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Had no problems with incorrect %number. Though app run times in battery are always like way off. Can be playing a game for like a hour and it will be like saying 30-20 minutes. They really did a poor job at battery monitoring. As long as the % is right Im not to concerned but they should push a update so I can monitor my app drain differences

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984