Thoughts from those who have owned a N10 and an iPad?

KneeDragr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPad2, switched to the N10.

My thoughts are, the N10 display is much better, although mine has some light bleed. Text and webpages are much easier on the eyes.

Games run about the same performance wise, but the iPad2 had many more games and had higher graphical features enabled. The UI ran faster for IOS, but its so primitive that should come as no surprise. I can display so much information on the N10 desktop that I dont have to constantly launch or switch apps to check on stuff like with IOS.

Most IOS apps were optimized for the iPad display, most are not for the N10 or even for tablets. Thats probably the biggest bummer.

Battery life was better on the iPad2, takes about 5 days for me to run through the N10, about 7 when I used the iPad2.

thizzgiant

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I also have an iPad 2 and the Nexus 10, I've had the iPad 2 since it first came out and the reason I switched to android because I was frankly bored with it. The limited customization, and unimpressive iOS updates were enough for me to leave. IMHO the Nexus is a superior piece of hardware and operating system, and yes I have spent plenty of time on the fourth generation iPad for which to base my conclusion on. As for downsides on the Nexus the app selection isn't quite on par but just through the past 2 months they've made great strides towards more tablet optimized apps. If you want something safe, easy and reliable stick to an iPad, if you want great hardware at an even better price that allows for it to be customized for your exact needs go with the Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an N10 and my girlfriend has an IPad 2, so I can comment, but its like comparing apples to oranges since the IPad 2 is a year and a half older. The screen of the N10, is so much better, but this IPad doesn't have retina display. I haven't done a side by side with an IPad 4 (or 3) with the retina, but my guess is it would be hard to tell the difference. The N10 has more pixels, but I feel like it would be very hard for the human eye to detect in normal day to day activities.

As for the OS, iOS runs smoother, but like the previous poster said, that's to be expected because there is little in the way of any sort of graphical elements. Moving a grid of icons around is a lot easier than dynamic widgets.

With screen size, the 16:9 or the N10 is a far better experience when using it in landscape mode compared to the IPad, but I prefer the IPad for portrait mode with its 4:3 screen. The length of the N10 in portrait can just seem awkward sometimes IMO.

As for apps, there is no doubt that there are more IPad specific apps than tablet apps for Android. You always see the 275,000 or whatever IPad apps vs. Android's unspecified number of tablet apps. From my experience, I haven't run into too many issues. Yes there are some apps that need to run in phone mode, so the UI is far from nice looking, but at least you can use it. There are a ton of IPhone apps that just aren't available for IPad.

One thing that I do want to note is browser performance. I've been pretty disappointed with browser performance with the N10. Chrome, for me, is almost unusable. It laggs A LOT. I've tried other apps like Dolphin Browser, Firefox, Ocean Browser, and my current, Boat Browser, and they are better than Chrome, but still not as fast as Safari on the IPad. I'm hoping that upcoming updates to Chrome increase performance.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 10 and an iPad 3. I've also had an original iPad and a XOOM WiFi. I'm reaching for my Nexus much more than my iPad at this point. I like the light, easy to hold design and the display is the best I've seen. I also appreciate the Nexus 10's haptic feedback and front facing stereo speakers. And the Nexus is the first Android or iOS device I've used that connects to my WiFi router at its full 5 GHz speeds (300 Mbps). And I love Chrome on it. iPad is no slouch though. It is somewhat more stable than the Nexus 10, but each device I've listed above has been a significant refinement over its predecessors in almost every category. That's how I would think of the Nexus 10. It greatly improves upon what iPad offers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11