Update coming this month: JB 4.2.2

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just plugged the power cord into my N10 and... it shut itself down. :( It's a graceful shutdown, but still. Maybe 4.2.2 isn't the answer to that problem.:(

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Still haven't received the update, despite my best efforts to force it. I noticed that my N10 is not listed under my devices in the Google Play store...would that have anything to do with not getting the update?

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
wish I had seen this framework trick when i was at home. Oh well I'll have to wait until tonight after work.

I brought mine to work just in case, sure as stuff - came back from lunch and its got the update ready to install. But, drumroll please, I am waiting for my battery to get back up before I can proceed! (But I brought the charger to work too.) I'm going full factory reset after this too, for testing.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I finally got the update. The update didn't seem to to improve the battery life though.

Wouldn't expect that, since there is nothing wrong with battery life

I did find out something interesting though. Some people have reported that certain app/games makes their screen stutter when launching their program. I just tested the game that always makes my screen stutter when launching, and got zero stutter. Works perfectly now.

Good observation. I just verified my problems with the screen flicker in WiFi Analyzer are GONE. I will update that thread/topic also.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update on my N10, but no dice for my N7 or N4. I did not try any tricks like clearing Google services framework.

I did notice that they have changed the gradient on wallpapers: it appears significantly darker on your home screen at the top and bottom to make icons easier to see. The only complaint I have coming from 4.2.1 was that the voice recognition was a little wonky. I only see one mic on the Nexus 10 (on the back). That may have something to do with it.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
On my end, I used the N10 all day after the update and did not experience one freeze or reboot, which is huge for me. That particular issue was my biggest gripe and Google never seemed to acknowledge that it was a problem. Also, Chrome seems to load / perform faster.

So far, so good.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't expect that, since there is nothing wrong with battery life

I disagree. Though overall the battery life is great. In games the battery acts like these require tons of power and drain up to 3 times the speed of another activity. It doesn't really seem to matter how simple the game, it pretty much treats all of them as heavy power consumption. I was hoping for some better power scaling for casual games. Though if they did that in the update, then it would have been a custom update targeting the Nexus 10 A15 processor when Android 4.2.2 wants to be universal stock across multiple devices. Its not really a huge complaint considering they seemed to Iron out the bugs on the the Nexus 10. I'll just half to wait for better power scaling on different hardware down the road.

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The only complaint I have coming from 4.2.1 was that the voice recognition was a little wonky. I only see one mic on the Nexus 10 (on the back). That may have something to do with it.
There are 2 microphones on the Nexus 10, one on the back just below the camera as you saw and another on the bottom edge, in the left hand POGO magnet (bit of an odd place to put a microphone, but I think the XOOM has one down at the bottom amongst the connectors also).

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 microphones on the Nexus 10, one on the back just below the camera as you saw and another on the bottom edge, in the left hand POGO magnet (bit of an odd place to put a microphone, but I think the XOOM has one down at the bottom amongst the connectors also).

They probably could have fit it near the front facing camera.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Maybe they use the one by the camera for noise cancellation. Kind of how bluetooth headsets sometimes have two mics so it can reduce voices of people not using the device. That would come in handy when using speech to text and skype

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I've had the update for a week now and I have yet to crash. Seems like 4.2.2 fixed my problem, however it seems as though it hasn't fixed everyone's.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I've had the update for a week now and I have yet to crash. Seems like 4.2.2 fixed my problem, however it seems as though it hasn't fixed everyone's.

Well for those people it might be an app or Chrome (if they use it.) It's hard to pinpoint the exact cause.

Blehdesu85

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Updated ota last night in the UK.

Just thought I would post a warning that updating to 4.2.2 also updates your YouTube app which was an unpleasant surprise for me as the new layout is awful and playback now seems to be perpetually broken :'(

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
My YouTube app did not change and it functions as it always has. For the most part it is flawless for me and one of my favorite apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa