Hello

I was wondering if anyone here knows where the jtag or Serial Port (Com Port) pads on the motherboard are?

Thanks
    Chad
    08-08-2013 06:48 PM
    Hello

I was wondering if anyone here knows where the jtag or Serial Port (Com Port) pads on the motherboard are?

Thanks
    Chad
    Does it even have a serial port?
    I have never heard of a tablet motherboard having a serial port.

Are you trying to repair it?

Here is a link to a repair site on the Nexus 10. They have a video tear down

Google Nexus 10 Repair Guide Service Manual
    08-09-2013 09:15 AM
    Thanks Farish

I am looking to debug an application and I need at least serial port access but jtag access would be best. From what I have seen most tablets do not have the serial port or jtag port setup on the board. I have found, however, that some tablets do have the pads for serial port or jtag port but they are not labeled. For instance, if you look at this website you will see what I am talking about - de7ec7ed's blog: Application Processor (AP) UART (Samsung Chromebook Exynos 5250)

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks
    08-10-2013 02:03 PM
    Thanks Farish

I am looking to debug an application and I need at least serial port access but jtag access would be best. From what I have seen most tablets do not have the serial port or jtag port setup on the board. I have found, however, that some tablets do have the pads for serial port or jtag port but they are not labeled. For instance, if you look at this website you will see what I am talking about - de7ec7ed's blog: Application Processor (AP) UART (Samsung Chromebook Exynos 5250)

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks
    Now that I understand what you are trying to do, maybe this will work for you. Similar concept but with a Nexus 4 but you should be able to do the same with a Nexus 10.

Basically this is giving your a device a serial port where one doesn't exist.

http://blog.accuvantlabs.com/blog/jd...rt-debug-cable

Let me know if this helps.
    08-10-2013 02:54 PM