Nexus 10 motherboard- Where are the Jtag or Serial Port (Com Port) pads

chadbyoung

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Farish

I am looking to debug an application and I need at least serial port access but jtag access would be best. From what I have seen most tablets do not have the serial port or jtag port setup on the board. I have found, however, that some tablets do have the pads for serial port or jtag port but they are not labeled. For instance, if you look at this website you will see what I am talking about - de7ec7ed's blog: Application Processor (AP) UART (Samsung Chromebook Exynos 5250)

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Farish

I am looking to debug an application and I need at least serial port access but jtag access would be best. From what I have seen most tablets do not have the serial port or jtag port setup on the board. I have found, however, that some tablets do have the pads for serial port or jtag port but they are not labeled. For instance, if you look at this website you will see what I am talking about - de7ec7ed's blog: Application Processor (AP) UART (Samsung Chromebook Exynos 5250)

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks

Now that I understand what you are trying to do, maybe this will work for you. Similar concept but with a Nexus 4 but you should be able to do the same with a Nexus 10.

Basically this is giving your a device a serial port where one doesn't exist.

http://blog.accuvantlabs.com/blog/jdryan/building-nexus-4-uart-debug-cable

Let me know if this helps.