LG E960 pics

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Where is the curved glass? I have been bragging about how great it is for two nexii now.

What's so great about the curved glass?

I haven't owned a Nexus before, and from what I could tell, the curve is very slight, would it even make a different in the user experience? i don't see many other phones using curved glass, so I gather the benefits are minuscule if prevalent at all?

anon(150857)

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I haven't owned a Nexus before, and from what I could tell, the curve is very slight, would it even make a different in the user experience? i don't see many other phones using curved glass, so I gather the benefits are minuscule if prevalent at all?

I have a Nexus and I forget it has curved glass. NBD

ehiggins

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I like the new analog clock widget in the pics. Is that the WiFi indicator in the top left of the screen instead of on the right??

That's the open wifi notification, same spot as always.

I'm ready for lg nexus, they've had me since the nova screen on the black.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

The difference is slight but it looks cool and seems to keep the screen from scratching when you set it face down. Also, if you are in sales a feature like that is great to put into your pitch.

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Google

Found this link from The Verge comments. Looks a lot like the GN from the front. Also the back says "with Google", didn't they stop doing that awhile ago?

If they do a 8gb version it must be so they have a really cheap phone to go alongside the N7, maybe $300?

Back looks a little funky, but it also definitely looks like a prototype, looks half designed.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Google

Found this link from The Verge comments. Looks a lot like the GN from the front. Also the back says "with Google", didn't they stop doing that awhile ago?

If they do a 8gb version it must be so they have a really cheap phone to go alongside the N7, maybe $300?

Back looks a little funky, but it also definitely looks like a prototype, looks half designed.

The specs are pretty high end, I doubt it'll be a cheap phone. As long as its 4G, I'll be happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pegasi

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The difference is slight but it looks cool and seems to keep the screen from scratching when you set it face down. Also, if you are in sales a feature like that is great to put into your pitch.

Wait, so it's a great feature because you can say it's a great feature? Or are you saying that being less prone to scratching is a good selling point? Either way, I still don't think it's a huge issue. My S2's bezel is ever so slightly higher than the glass, not enough to notice but enough so that the glass doesn't sit flat when it's face down. Unless the surface is uneven then it's generally fine, at which point a slight curve to the glass isn't going to help much either. I personally prefer the feel of a flat surface, it's the one thing I (only slightly) dislike about my brother's GNex.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone else kinda bummed about an LG nexus? Although I don't hate the LG styling It definitely is not my favorite. It might just be the glass-like back. I imagine it would collect finger prints and scratches like crazy. For someone like me that doesn't use a case it gets annoying. I would still like to hold out hope for several OEM's so we have options.

pjdell

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone else kinda bummed about an LG nexus? Although I don't hate the LG styling It definitely is not my favorite. It might just be the glass-like back. I imagine it would collect finger prints and scratches like crazy. For someone like me that doesn't use a case it gets annoying. I would still like to hold out hope for several OEM's so we have options.

I dont care who it comes from if it is a good phone! There are other pictures on the web today where the back is not glass. I hope we know all about the phone soon though as I need an upgrade and want to go get a note2/onex/s3 asap if this is not for me.
nexusae0_optimus_nexus_1.jpg

I'm super interested in hearing more about the rumored inductive charging. On one hand Google has always done a good job of releasing only really good phones to the nexus line, and I almost automatically assume that it's going to be a good phone and they would not allow some inductive charging to ruin the phone. But on the otherhand if the rumors of them allowing any branded nexus phones that meet certain specs is true, who knows what that will mean for how good the phones will be in the future and from what I know of inductive charging, it is currently not very good and more of a gimmick and a useful feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38