Nexus 4 - Raising The Bar For Design, Materials, And Build Quality

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why everyone is complaining about the memory. I haven't even reached the capacity of my E4GT internal sdcard yet. Its still just a phone not a desktop computer people.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why everyone is complaining about the memory. I haven't even reached the capacity of my E4GT internal sdcard yet. Its still just a phone not a desktop computer people.

I'm with ya... I mean I know there's people that span the whole spectrum of smartphone use to just using the phone/email checking/maybe play a game or two all the way to the hardcode web surfing/video&music streaming/etc etc.
I'm probably in the middle area and I take A LOT of photos since I have an almost 1yr old, so want to take all the pics while he's young! But after a month or so, I just transfer them all to my home computer and delete them off the phone. Likewise with music or videos I download?? 16MB N4 is going to be perfect for me and probably more space than I even need. Maybe I'll do more with the phone, who knows.

Sure, the "convenience" of having 32/64MB space is great so you just keep loading up your phone with stuff and you have a long time before things start slowing down/space issues. I guess for me, it's not a biggie and when space becomes an issue, I'll just move stuff off... To each his own!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Everyone's usage patterns are different. I like carrying lots of music around on my phone, and I like a large memory chip on board so I can take lots and lots of photos. If I switch over to a Nexus 4, my usage patterns will have to change. I'll have to start storing more music on Google's servers, and remove pictures from my phone more frequently.

It's a price I'm willing to pay, but it is a price, and some people might be less willing to pay it.

If it had a 32GB option, I'd probably spring for it.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I just read the review the OP posted...I also am eager to hear Phil's impressions but I had to laugh at:

" Compared to a Galaxy Nexus? Well the Gnex looks like it just walked out of a garbage heap when compared to the N4. The glass back and build quality outclasses the Galaxy Nexus so much it isn't even fair."

I'm excited to get my hands on one.

Cheers

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, one thing I owe to the iPhone is showing me what a premium handset should feel like; and to see that, here, in Android land - is wicked exciting.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ya know, one thing I owe to the iPhone is showing me what a premium handset should feel like; and to see that, here, in Android land - is wicked exciting.

This is one of the things that excites me as well. My iPhone 4 (which I'm stuck with for three more months) is aesthetically the best phone I've ever had and the N4 is even more beautiful.

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the things that excites me as well. My iPhone 4 (which I'm stuck with for three more months) is aesthetically the best phone I've ever had and the N4 is even more beautiful.

Not only does nice hardware look nice, but it feels substantial. A nice sheet of Gorilla Glass being hugged by a frame that doesn't feel hollow makes using these things an absolute joy.

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Without having seen this phone in person, I cannot say for certain, but like a few have mentioned above, like it or not one of the benchmarks for phone design and build quality has been the original iPhone 4 and now iPhone 5. From what I have seen the Nexus 4 matches these two, with just personal tastes being the deciding factor.

Looking forward to some Nexus 4 ownership.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed