Pulse notification light??

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Its turned off in the settings when you first get the device. You need to go in the settings and turn on the pulse notification light.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It is turned on but I don't see anything...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Not even when you have a notification? That's all it works for right out of the box.

I've said it before... And I'll say it again... light flow from the market is one of the most functional and cool apps for this phone. I hated how the led didn't work when charging. Light flow let's you customize the crap out of your notification lights.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't doing anything until I downloaded light flow. Now I see it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't see it.... How does it work?

What I see is very subdued. The light - located at the bottom center of the face (about where the Home button is located on an iPhone) - flashes a very faint blue whenever the phone is sleeping and I have waiting email, voicemail, etc. It flashes at a very leisurely rate of once every several seconds and is not at all obvious unless you pay attention to it.

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It is turned on but I don't see anything...

I had the same experience. I went into settings > display> unchecked pulse notifications, rechecked and exited. It worked after that at least for me. Go figure...

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
light flow doesnt work on either of my n4's. even the dev doesnt know why. he and I have run multiple diags and came up with nothing.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
light flow doesnt work on either of my n4's. even the dev doesnt know why. he and I have run multiple diags and came up with nothing.

When did you last try? What's New, Version 3.3.0 (Release 1029) - 09 November 2012 specifically states "Added Nexus 4 compatability"

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
does lightflow allow you to adjust how often it blinks as well? The intervals between the blinks seems long to me. i would test it out but im without my N4 for awhile as i returned my first one to tmobile and ordered a replacement off google

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
does lightflow allow you to adjust how often it blinks as well? The intervals between the blinks seems long to me. i would test it out but im without my N4 for awhile as i returned my first one to tmobile and ordered a replacement off google
Yes it does. You can set it slow, medium, fast, super fast, steady....or something like that. For charging I have mine set to blink slowly red when under 15%, then slow blink yellow when charging, then stay steady green when fully charged.

kobastal

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't get lightflow to work properly on my n4 either. It does notify when an event happens. It just notifies for no reason quite a bit. Right now it is blinking what looks like a very faint purple for no reason that I can see. None of the notifications that are enabled in lightflow use that color.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't get lightflow to work properly on my n4 either. It does notify when an event happens. It just notifies for no reason quite a bit. Right now it is blinking what looks like a very faint purple for no reason that I can see. None of the notifications that are enabled in lightflow use that color.

That "faint purple" sounds exactly like the default notification color used by the stock OS. Blinking about once every 4 seconds or thereabouts?

Maybe something is getting past Lightflow?

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site

Same with me, that's the stock notification. Light flow never worked paid nor free.

kobastal

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame. It worked great on my razr maxx and was one of my favorite apps. But, now I get so many false notifications that it is not worth having it. Great idea for an app (and one I am happy to have paid for, if it works).

corkey723

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Go into the Notifications area and find out what app matches the color bar. Go in and check the Clear Notification Style and see what its set to. You might have had a notification bar alert and swiped it to clear it. Some are set so you have to go into the app to clear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty