T-MOBILE monthly 4g insurance

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
hey i recently hooked up my nexus 4 to the $30 monthly plan from t-mobile and also added the insurance package for $7 dollars..my question is if something happens to my phone...would this insurance give me the same model? basically a new or refurbished nexus 4?

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I got it from Google but I presume that since T-Mobile sells this phone as well they would not have a problem

You may be right you should call customer service and ask but I wouldn't think so because you didn't buy the phone from them but I could be wrong

Sent from my PC36100

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I actually tried that first but the rep did not know and gave me a phone number for the insurance but that was if i wanted a claim ..so thus i made this thread.,
(update) from what i read in xda forums they seem to believe it does cover it..read the last line in the page and theres also more conversation about this in the next pages..(link)Nexus 4 Insurance - xda-developers

Last edited:

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I believe our phones are covered by Asurion, they're more likely going to try to get you a refurbished phone first. I think T-Mobile charges a $135 processing fee anyway... $7 x 12 months = $84 + $135 = $219. Add taxes ( currently 8.875% for us in NYC, $238.44 total for replacement after ONE year with insurance, $322.44 after two years ), a possible police report, wasted time and annoyance and you might want to opt for dropping the insurance and look forward to purchasing a new NEXUS 4 from Google and investing in a sturdy case and being vigilantly careful with your device.

Think about it.

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
hey i recently hooked up my nexus 4 to the $30 monthly plan from t-mobile and also added the insurance package for $7 dollars..my question is if something happens to my phone...would this insurance give me the same model? basically a new or refurbished nexus 4?

No. T-Mobile only covers the ones they sell. If you get it then you break your device you'd have paid into insurance and will not get a new device. When processing your claim it will flash and site you did not get this from them. I'm ten thousand percent sure. I verified through Assurion and my old boss. I worked for T-Mobile almost five years. In store and corporate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I see your point..but example my phone gets damaged sooner than later and no insurance would be bad..so im going the safe route on this, $7 dollars a month wont hurt me plus i did buy a case from amazon just waiting on it..

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I see your point..but example my phone gets damaged sooner than later and no insurance would be bad..so im going the safe route on this, $7 dollars a month wont hurt me plus i did buy a case from amazon just waiting on it..

Your insurance is no good. They'll allow you to add it to any phone by default. But I promise it's not valid.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
hmm idk at this point your saying no but this forum from article says yes..(link)Support: Warranty? Bought through Google Play Store.

Don't be stupid, the man worked for T-Mobile, it will allow you to add it sure but when its time to use it to replace your device the system will flag it and they will not swap it for a new/refurbished device. If you want to be hard headed fine. SMH, a dang shame

At least call Asurion, I'm sure you know how wrong reps can be. Maybe they think its covered because you can add the insurance to the account but I'd take heed to the mans advice and common sense. WHY would T-Mobile replace a phone you got from Google and not them? I can see if it was a T-Mobile phone you bought off of ebay or something and they decide to cover it, at least it came from them originally. I don't any problem working around the system but at least consider the good advice. imo

Last edited:

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't be stupid, the man worked for T-Mobile, it will allow you to add it sure but when its time to use it to replace your device the system will flag it and they will not swap it for a new/refurbished device. If you want to be hard headed fine. SMH, a dang shame

At least call Asurion, I'm sure you know how wrong reps can be. Maybe they think its covered because you can add the insurance to the account but I'd take heed to the mans advice and common sense. WHY would T-Mobile replace a phone you got from Google and not them? I can see if it was a T-Mobile phone you bought off of ebay or something and they decide to cover it, at least it came from them originally. I don't any problem working around the system but at least consider the good advice. imo
I did take his advice but I already bought the insurance before this, might as well keep it for the rest of the month and switch to square trade
(Quick question would they rebate the money I paid for T-Mobile insurance? I just got it yesterday so

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress