Can you use a nexus 4 without a phone plan?

Frozenmuffin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you activate and use a Nexus 4 without a phone plan? Can you download apps onto it using WiFi instead of a data plan? I need to know before Christmas please :).

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It would be like a ipod. My old HTC Desire still works on wifi. Great for music or games etc.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

To add to that, you can download a VoIP client like GrooveIP and make and receive phone calls using a Google Voice number without ever buying a phone or data plan.

But you'll only be able to do that where there is a WiFi signal available to you, obviously. You'd have to find a WiFi hotspot and connect to it to make and receive calls.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes u can as many people have said already! That's what I'm planning to do. iPod is 300 and this is only 50 dollars more. I love the look and the hardware is so much better than the iPhone and the iPod is a lot worse than the iPhone too. The price for the hardware is amazing without a contract and that's why I'm getting the nexus 4. The google play app is also amazing. Stores tons of music on there and I can listen to it if I have wifi. AWESOME!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The ipod is $300? I didn't know that. A crazy price for a limited device.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The ipod is $300? I didn't know that. A crazy price for a limited device.

32GB Ipod touch for 300
16GB Nexus for 50 more - With Google play that can store 60GB+ of music if each file is 3 MB
Nexus is totally worth it, I'm an apple fan and i've been using apple forever but this nexus 4 has changed my mind
Nexus 4 is better than iPhone in my opinion and the iPod touch is basically half as effective as the iPhone.
50 dollars for double the speed? I'm in!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87