Nexus 4's Google Wallet not working?

nomaxno

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
So I was finally able to get my Nexus 4 Google wallet to work. I use T-mobile pre-paid.

To be honest, I am not sure what exactly fixed the problem, but I will walk through what I did. (I have a hunch of what the answer is though, and if it is that, people will shoot themselves for it being so simple)

1) Ok, first thing I did is go to my local t-mobile store and tell them I wanted a sim card without ISIS. I have no idea what ISIS is and nor did anyone at the t-mobile store. The only reason I asked for this is because I saw some blogs mentioned that ISIS sim cards interfered with NFC (and hence Google Wallet). Anyhow, the friendly people in the store had no idea what ISIS was, but they went ahead and gave me a new sim card. After inserting new sim card Google wallet still didn't work. Didn't even work two hours later, though one of the t-mobile employees told me it can take several hours for a new sim card to fully "register" (Not sure what he meant)

2) After doing this second thing, Google wallet immediately worked. The solution is is so simple, I wonder if it is just coincidence, but I suggest other people try it to see it if works. So what I did is go to my computer and after logging on to a google site, went to my online google wallet account. (The same one I used to purchase my Nexus 4 in the first place) While there I was tooling around and realized that my contact information telephone number was not my cell phone number. So on a whim I changed my google wallet contact phone number to my nexus 4 cell phone number. I then disabled the google wallet app on my nexus 4 (from settings/app). Powered my phone down and then up, went to Google Play, searched for google wallet and re-enabled Google Wallet on my phone. Then I opened Google Wallet on my phone and Viola! it worked. My device is now registered!

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
When I woke up today I started wallet and it worked. To my knowledge nothing changed between the dozen other times I tried it. Has anyone else tried?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
When I woke up today I started wallet and it worked. To my knowledge nothing changed between the dozen other times I tried it. Has anyone else tried?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I just opened wallet - not expecting it to initialize. But it did. Went through the entire setup process properly and appears ready to use. Like you I have changed nothing since all of the other times I've tried it without success. Very weird.

I'm looking forward to a chance to make a purchase with it.

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So I was finally able to get my Nexus 4 Google wallet to work. I use T-mobile pre-paid.

To be honest, I am not sure what exactly fixed the problem, but I will walk through what I did. (I have a hunch of what the answer is though, and if it is that, people will shoot themselves for it being so simple)

1) Ok, first thing I did is go to my local t-mobile store and tell them I wanted a sim card without ISIS. I have no idea what ISIS is and nor did anyone at the t-mobile store. The only reason I asked for this is because I saw some blogs mentioned that ISIS sim cards interfered with NFC (and hence Google Wallet). Anyhow, the friendly people in the store had no idea what ISIS was, but they went ahead and gave me a new sim card. After inserting new sim card Google wallet still didn't work. Didn't even work two hours later, though one of the t-mobile employees told me it can take several hours for a new sim card to fully "register" (Not sure what he meant)

2) After doing this second thing, Google wallet immediately worked. The solution is is so simple, I wonder if it is just coincidence, but I suggest other people try it to see it if works. So what I did is go to my computer and after logging on to a google site, went to my online google wallet account. (The same one I used to purchase my Nexus 4 in the first place) While there I was tooling around and realized that my contact information telephone number was not my cell phone number. So on a whim I changed my google wallet contact phone number to my nexus 4 cell phone number. I then disabled the google wallet app on my nexus 4 (from settings/app). Powered my phone down and then up, went to Google Play, searched for google wallet and re-enabled Google Wallet on my phone. Then I opened Google Wallet on my phone and Viola! it worked. My device is now registered!

1. Turn your phone off and back on.
2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Wallet.
3. Clear the Cache and Data.
4. Disable the app. Reenable it.
5. Then, open Google Play and try to purchase a song (or anything else that is cheap).
6. After you finish your purchase, open Google Wallet app from your phone. It will allow you to choose the email account to set up Google Wallet.

sent from nexus 4 or 7

Phascinate

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, mine was unable to initlialize, so I uninstalled it via Link2SD. Then, I reinstalled it via the Play Store, and it finally let me set it up.

Now it won't let me add a credit card. The card works to buy apps, etc, but when I try to use it in Google Wallet, it says "Request Failed".

I'm not on any mobile networks at the moment, so nothing would be interfering.

PS: Google Wallet didn't work even before I was rooted.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
1. Turn your phone off and back on.
2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Wallet.
3. Clear the Cache and Data.
4. Disable the app. Reenable it.
5. Then, open Google Play and try to purchase a song (or anything else that is cheap).
6. After you finish your purchase, open Google Wallet app from your phone. It will allow you to choose the email account to set up Google Wallet.

sent from nexus 4 or 7
I just did this but I didn't do step 5 and I finally got Google Wallet to work. This is a replacement device I got almost a month ago and when I got it Wallet didn't initialize and I couldn't set it up but it now works. Thanks!

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine was unable to initlialize, so I uninstalled it via Link2SD. Then, I reinstalled it via the Play Store, and it finally let me set it up.

Now it won't let me add a credit card. The card works to buy apps, etc, but when I try to use it in Google Wallet, it says "Request Failed".

I'm not on any mobile networks at the moment, so nothing would be interfering.

PS: Google Wallet didn't work even before I was rooted.

I'm also getting the "request failed". Google should be glad that mobile NFC payments isn't a big thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s