Uk Nexus 4 ordered on 4th December

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Pre order date changed to the 15th here as well. Please be here for Santa :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE using Android Central Forums

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Good luck guys. If you ordered first you should get them first. I ordered 28 minutes late so expect to get mine in early Jan.

Sent from my awesome Nexus 7

Mayank Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This is what Dan Cobley (Google UK CEO) wrote on google+ :

"Dear all

I know that what you are going through is unacceptable and we are all working through the nights and weekends to resolve this issue. Supplies from the manufacturer are scarce, and our communication has been flawed. I can offer an unreserved apology for our service and communication failures in this process.

For those that originally received a 3-5 days shipping estimate, your orders are now in process for fulfillment. You can expect an email notification early this week which will include tracking information. Although you will be initially charged in full, you will receive a credit for the shipping charge soon after.
For others that received pre-Christmas shipping estimates, we anticipate processing your orders for fulfillment this week.

I realise that the people who ordered the Nexus 4 so early are among our most committed and loyal users and we are doing all we can to put things right.

Sorry again.

Dan"

f33b

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Nexus 4 on the 4th at 17:42. I emailed Google last night and got an automatic response saying;

"According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of 05-01-2013."

At the time of purchase i was quoted a delivery time of 2-3 weeks (within the window of Xmas!).
I rang the 0800 number (the most annoyingly repetitive recorded response - clearly designed to make you hang up ASAP), the girl i spoke said the usual "overwhelming response" etc. She also said that there had been a glitch in the system when i mentioned people receiving their phones earlier than people who had actually purchased earlier. Sounded like a scripted response to smooth over a FUBAR situation.

Hardly inspires confidence really - a company that handles probably the largest amount of internet traffic, cant handle a sales launch?

TheSammyE

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is what Dan Cobley (Google UK CEO) wrote on google+ :

"Dear all

I know that what you are going through is unacceptable and we are all working through the nights and weekends to resolve this issue. Supplies from the manufacturer are scarce, and our communication has been flawed. I can offer an unreserved apology for our service and communication failures in this process.

For those that originally received a 3-5 days shipping estimate, your orders are now in process for fulfillment. You can expect an email notification early this week which will include tracking information. Although you will be initially charged in full, you will receive a credit for the shipping charge soon after.
For others that received pre-Christmas shipping estimates, we anticipate processing your orders for fulfillment this week.

I realise that the people who ordered the Nexus 4 so early are among our most committed and loyal users and we are doing all we can to put things right.

Sorry again.

Dan"

When did he write this if you don't mind me asking. Just looked him up on G+ and I can't see this (I'd love It to be the case though as I was quoted 3-5 days and haven't received any emails or status changes)

isdoo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When did he write this if you don't mind me asking. Just looked him up on G+ and I can't see this (I'd love It to be the case though as I was quoted 3-5 days and haven't received any emails or status changes)

Today at 07:40 in a reply.

Last edited:

TheSammyE

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a comment after his latest post

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I just dug through the comments and found it. Thanks for making us aware. That's what being on forums like this is great for as I would have never seen that without you mentioning it. Cheers.

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Quite a few dates have changed, let's hope it's for the best, mine changed from pending to preorder a while back, let's hope it's here next week, like it was supposed to be

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Mayank Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I read on one of the XDA forums that the changing of date basically means google has authorised the payment through your card. Which basically means it is on hold and the transaction will be completed when the phone is shipped. One of them also mentioned that it took three authorisations for google to finally send it to him as a bank can hold the money only for a couple of days n if the transaction doesn't go though you get your money back.

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I read on one of the XDA forums that the changing of date basically means google has authorised the payment through your card. Which basically means it is on hold and the transaction will be completed when the phone is shipped. One of them also mentioned that it took three authorisations for google to finally send it to him as a bank can hold the money only for a couple of days n if the transaction doesn't go though you get your money back.

I'm hoping this is true!!.............. C'mon Santa.... i've been a good boy!!

DrBoo

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
POSITIVE!

We are reaching out to you with an update on your Nexus device order that experienced a shipping delay.
We can confirm that your order is now in process for fulfillment. You can expect an email notification early this week which will include tracking information.
Please note that your order will be charged in full when it ships. As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, you?ll then receive a credit for the shipping charge .
Thanks again,
The Google Play Team

MrCheesecake

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
POSITIVE!

We are reaching out to you with an update on your Nexus device order that experienced a shipping delay.
We can confirm that your order is now in process for fulfillment. You can expect an email notification early this week which will include tracking information.
Please note that your order will be charged in full when it ships. As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, you?ll then receive a credit for the shipping charge .
Thanks again,
The Google Play Team

What was your original shipping time quoted as? I've still not heard anything and am in the 1-2 week camp...

notdodgy

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
What was your original shipping time quoted as? I've still not heard anything and am in the 1-2 week camp...

Those of us with 1-2 weeks are not yet in delay.
(Not until tomorrow evening).

It may be those who had the 2-3 days quoted, got that message.

It would have been good if they bothered to contact all people who were waiting or even just published some status updates.
People will usually tolerate reasonable delays if kept informed but not if ignored.

Roger

MrCheesecake

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was just curious. Not gonna moan until Wednesday as we are still within the 2 week time frame. Google UK chief Dan something has said we will receive some kind of tracking info this week, just hope it's sooner rather than later!
Glad the ordering process was smoother the second time round though :)

TheSammyE

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I have received the email this morning at around 8:30. I was originally quoted 3-5 days though. So maybe that is the reason you havent received it yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer