Nexus 4 charging habits

Legna Naresh

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have nexus4 for 20 days my mobile has never given 1 day full battery back up . since not none of my friends have same phone compare or check .is it same with all other nexus4 phones ?????!!!!!!. Q2.. How to check my battery health
Q3. What should be nexuz 4 charging habits.

Q4 .when ever I connect my phone to system in switch off mode . it shows battery charging symbol . same happens when I unplug the cable from system !! Is it something wrong with my battery please help me . and I am from India. My friend this phone in us . its not yet realized in India......

sleepinghouse

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So from what I have read, and correct me if I am wrong, it is not good to let the nexus 4 completely die and then recharge it to its fully capacity?

I wish I would have known that.
I have been doing this since I bought the phone in january. I am very particular about new phones and I came from a nokia flip phone so it has been quite a transition.
I hope I didn't ruin a battery that can't be replaced.

I guess from now on I will just charge it whenever I can.

My phone lasts 2 days on the lowest brightness setting. I also keep it turned off when I am at work.

Anyway to test a battery to see if it has substantially depleted?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Those who are babying your phones, is it bad to leave the phone plugged in over night? What do you do to keep your battery "healthy"? I heard not charging to 100% and keeping it between 50%-85% always is ideal but I don't see how someone can keep checking on a charge making sure it doesnt hit 100
Due to Google's retarded decision not to allow us to upgrade the battery, I pretty much keep it plugged in 24/7. I charge it whenever possible.

I don't think it is possible to overcharge batteries anymore. You should be able to keep it plugged in indefinitely.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope I didn't ruin a battery that can't be replaced.
It can be replaced. Just not quickly or easily. You can even do it yourself.

Nexus 4 Teardown - Disassembly & Assembly - Screen & Case Replacement - Drop Test Repair - YouTube

My phone lasts 2 days on the lowest brightness setting. I also keep it turned off when I am at work.
My HTC Rezound used to go 2 days on a charge. Without turning anything down. It was awesome. I miss extended batteries.

fayaz02

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I can.. Most newer devices do... And whoever said to keep your battery between 30-85% is a *****... At least once or twice a week you should run it down to 5-10% and fully charge it... Your gonna have pretty **** poor battery life if your trying to stay between 30-85

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I read at different places that confirmed that complete drain (2-8%) and full charge of battery will not add any value to the life or power of the battery rather there is a chance of weakening it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
[TIP]Once your phone charges to 100%, it will automatically stop charging. Feel free to keep your phone charging as long as you want.

DO NOT regularly leave your phone to fully drain its battery and shut itself off. This can damage your battery.[/TIP]

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
yes. i have an andru charger... plug it in and the eyes turn blue. fully charged the lights turn white. you can see it in trickle mode cause if it dips under full charge the eyes will change. dont be fooled by it's cuteness, this baby is a quality piece in feel and construction and charges fast and safely. the factory chargers suck.

GEN - Power advanced

Screen-Shot-2012-11-13-at-11.29.03-AM-640x296.png

Not trying to call you out at all, but can others confirm this?

I've always wondered if that were the case, would be comforting to know for sure.

Anand David

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
It is not good to keep the phone plugged in overnight because at the maximum charging voltage there are irreversible side reactions in the lithium ion battery that permanantly deplete the battery of capacity. The irreversible side reactions are very prominent at the maximum voltage cutoff and also at the minimum voltage cutoff. It is always good to keep the battery in an intermediate voltage range, not at the extremes. Keeping the voltage in an intermediate range (say around 30 to 70%) will help the battery to last a lot longer. Also, another issue is temperature. It is best to not get the battery too hot, so you should not keep the phone left in the sun, and remove the phone from your pocket when possible. High temperatures also cause permanent battery capacity fade. Also, do not charge the battery too quickly as this will also cause irreversible capacity loss. Don't use a charger that provides more current than the OEM charger.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
It is not good to keep the phone plugged in overnight because at the maximum charging voltage there are irreversible side reactions in the lithium ion battery that permanantly deplete the battery of capacity. The irreversible side reactions are very prominent at the maximum voltage cutoff and also at the minimum voltage cutoff. It is always good to keep the battery in an intermediate voltage range, not at the extremes. Keeping the voltage in an intermediate range (say around 30 to 70%) will help the battery to last a lot longer. Also, another issue is temperature. It is best to not get the battery too hot, so you should not keep the phone left in the sun, and remove the phone from your pocket when possible. High temperatures also cause permanent battery capacity fade. Also, do not charge the battery too quickly as this will also cause irreversible capacity loss. Don't use a charger that provides more current than the OEM charger.

The phone will regulate the charge. Both extreme hot and cold weather affect the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Only 2 rules to remember
- avoid high temperature
- do not use it to 0%

Other than these, you don't need to be worried.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed