Factory Reset - Enough?

CountryDude

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all!

I've decided after six weeks that I'm not happy with the Nexus 4 - I don't think the sound is very good, and I haven't had much luck with the battery. I'm probably going to pick up one of the Droid Maxx phones, but as part of this I'm selling my Nexus 4.

My phone was encrypted, and I did a factory reset on the phone. Following that factory reset, I created a generic account and then re-encrypted the phone (to try and scramble things up a little more, then did a second factory reset, leaving the phone on the initial "Choose Your Language" screen.

Now, I don't have state secrets by any stretch, but I did have my bank's app etc. on my phone so I'd prefer not including that as part of the sale :) At this point, should my phone be safe from prying eyes if someone wanted to get into any deleted stuff?

Thanks in advance all!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hello all!

I've decided after six weeks that I'm not happy with the Nexus 4 - I don't think the sound is very good, and I haven't had much luck with the battery. I'm probably going to pick up one of the Droid Maxx phones, but as part of this I'm selling my Nexus 4.

My phone was encrypted, and I did a factory reset on the phone. Following that factory reset, I created a generic account and then re-encrypted the phone (to try and scramble things up a little more, then did a second factory reset, leaving the phone on the initial "Choose Your Language" screen.

Now, I don't have state secrets by any stretch, but I did have my bank's app etc. on my phone so I'd prefer not including that as part of the sale :) At this point, should my phone be safe from prying eyes if someone wanted to get into any deleted stuff?

Thanks in advance all!

I would also clear out the "SD card". (That's what shows up when you plug it in to USB)

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
eh, if you really want to go overboard, reset the entire device with the factory image that google provided/deleted and you can find it online