Switched to Nexus 4..My experience

dhayes08

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello All. After tons of fence sitting, etc I decided to dump Sprint after 18 years and port me and my wife over to a couple Nexus 4 - 16GB models. And, I went with Straight talk for the service here in Buffalo, NY under AT&T. I purchased a MicroSIM from Walmart last month and then when I received my wife's nexus 4 I went to get the Microsim and they were out as we all know. I then grabbed one quickly from an ebay reseller for $30 because I can see where this was heading as it is now...No MicroSim's for ST.

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the Nexus 4. Android 4.2.2 really helped the battery life but it could be better. I might try a new ROM at some point but I can get through the day no problem. The Straight Talk service with AT&T has been great. Exceptional really. I was concerned about AT&T but it seems to work very well. I pushed it to 1.5GB the first month with no throttle. About 1.2GB now. No problems.

So I am very happy with my decision. It is nice to not have to worry about contracts anymore. It is really a liberating feeling. Plus I save $84 per month. Gotta love it.

Good luck all.
Dave

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello All. After tons of fence sitting, etc I decided to dump Sprint after 18 years and port me and my wife over to a couple Nexus 4 - 16GB models. And, I went with Straight talk for the service here in Buffalo, NY under AT&T. I purchased a MicroSIM from Walmart last month and then when I received my wife's nexus 4 I went to get the Microsim and they were out as we all know. I then grabbed one quickly from an ebay reseller for $30 because I can see where this was heading as it is now...No MicroSim's for ST.

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the Nexus 4. Android 4.2.2 really helped the battery life but it could be better. I might try a new ROM at some point but I can get through the day no problem. The Straight Talk service with AT&T has been great. Exceptional really. I was concerned about AT&T but it seems to work very well. I pushed it to 1.5GB the first month with no throttle. About 1.2GB now. No problems.

So I am very happy with my decision. It is nice to not have to worry about contracts anymore. It is really a liberating feeling. Plus I save $84 per month. Gotta love it.

Good luck all.
Dave

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience! Don't forget to download the Box.net app at the Play Store. Just for downloading the app to your Nexus 4 you'll get 50gb of free cloud storage..... I think that promotion is still going on. Check it out!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Good luck all.
Dave
Contracts are still the norm in the US, seems pretty damn backwards to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38