How to get carrier software on unlocked phone?

AfroKing

Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
I have an unlocked AT&T phone, but I’m using straight talk (verizon) with it. I’m trying to figure out how to maybe get rid of the AT&T stuff and put straight talk software on it to get full functionality of my phone. I seen somewhere about using ODIN and they started using a lot of jargon and I was extremely confused. I’m a beginner at this stuff and don’t know anything.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this is not an easy task for beginners, and should you want to go down that route, you need to get acquainted with the jargon (fortunately there are also good step-by-step guides and videos, but still not a simple task). Your phone may be unlocked, but if it's ATT-branded, chances are the 'bloatware' isn't removable (but you can try to disable it in the app's properties). Most basic carrier apps are available in the Play Store, but you should always check with them if some functions (like WiFi calling, etc.) are available for BYOD phones.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. That would be perfect. I'd like a step by step kind of thing
You have couple ways of doing this

This will remove any Att bloat
Loading straight talks afterwards, loading straight talk software I'm pretty sure there isn't one out there only carrier like TMOBILE/Verizon/ATT/ and couple other small ones can't think of .

Can go to unlock firmware this will have Samsung logo splash screen and no loaded carrier apps