HOW TO: Transfer Tmo Contacts from Feature phone to Google Contacts?

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Subject line says what I want to know.
When I would upgrade my TMO feature phones in the past, the contacts would transfer from one phone to another.

But now that I got a new micro sim put in my Nexus 4 I don't see all of my longtime phone contacts.
How do I import them into my phone as opposed to typing them into Google Contacts one by one?

If there is a link to this answer already that I missed in my forum search, please point me to it or
some Cliff Notes on the WWW.

Thank you all.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Move/copy your contacts to your old sim card. Put the old sim card in the nexus and transfer contacts from sim to phone.
If sim is full size you need to cut it down to micro size with eBay sim cuter or use a pair of scissors. Use new sim as a template when cutting.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Argh. Sounds like something I might screw up royally. Thanks for the alternative to typing them in. Gonna research this all weekend and check in for more replies.

Thanks Whats.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Ok I just messed around with the tmobile site trying to download a csv file of my numbers (to no avail)
then went back to the phone and found the phone numbers/contacts are there under "People" and not "Contacts".

Now I went to my Google contacts online to see if they were there but they are not! So how do I get the phone numbers from the phone
to Google Contacts online?

The plot thickens. I am more confused than ever now. Double Argh (LOL)

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just messed around with the tmobile site trying to download a csv file of my numbers (to no avail)

What happened when you tried?

Download a csv of your contacts in the TMO area, and then upload that file (via a laptop/desktop) to Google Contacts.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If both phones have bluetooth, you can send the entire contacts list to the other phone. I did this between my Nexus 4 and a Samsung. You still have the old phone right?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you go into your People app and touch menu (the 3 dots), do you get an Import/Export option (that's what mine shows)? Select export to storage, then plug into a pc, find the file it created and import that (on your pc) into gmail. One other option would be to go into menu, select Accounts and try checking the Auto-sync app data to you gmail account.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
when i moved my contacts from synbian to android 2 years ago. I exported all contacts to SIM on my Symbian(dont remember if it was saved in SIM to begin with).
imported all contacts to Android. synced it up to gmail. now i manage it via gmail contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress