Nexus 4 Soft-bricked

Jeet Advani

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 4 was rooted & now I have wiped the /data partition using TWRP... the phone gets stuck on the google image. Also the phone is now locked (i.e [locked state - locked]) due to OEM Lock. Although I can access TWRP custom recovery mode.

Kindly suggest me the simplest way for factory image restore. can I use nexus root toolkit to recover to stock rom,kernel and then unroot?

Apologies for creating an new thread.

Thanks in advance :)

Jeet Advani

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
In order to return to the factory settings it was another blunder made in the crime. I am currently just seeking for the easiest way to get back to stock. I am aware about the [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore on android central but is there any method through Nexus Root Toolkit?

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So did you flash stock and unroot then or did you just lock the bootloader. Can you access your sdcard through TWRP and do you want them files off your phone?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In order to return to the factory settings it was another blunder made in the crime. I am currently just seeking for the easiest way to get back to stock. I am aware about the [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore on android central but is there any method through Nexus Root Toolkit?

Try following the guide.. I tried to make it as noob-friendly as possible ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jeet Advani

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Basically the device was advanced wipe & format data, so there is no data left on the device. I don't have any backup option & the bootloader was accidentally locked via the toolkit.So there is no os installed and that is why i get stuck at google image and yes i can access Twrp

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to unlock the bootloader again first otherwise you might run into problems.

If you are absolutely adamant on using the toolkit then
boot into bootloader and connect the phone to the computer
Open up the toolkit
Go to advanced utilities and launch cmd prompt
Type fastboot devices and enter
The device should be attached
Type fastboot oem unlock
Complete the unlocking on your device by selecting Yes
Your bootloader should now be unlocked
You can proceed to use the flash stock and unroot option on the toolkit
Make sure you have selected the softbrick option
Hopefully it works

Jeet Advani

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree manual installation is always superior...but being an amateur i don't want to create more issues. thus with not much reading done the kit is an method for beginners. Also after enabling the flash stocking and unrooting are there any other files needed to be installed?