Data connection issues

anon(5518418)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I am on O2 in the UK, This is starting to be a major pain, I unlock the phone, full signal but no data where it should be H+, data is turned on, I am using the O2 APN, it takes at least 10 mins for the signal to turn blue and an H+ to be displayed, then put the phone back in pocket same issue next time I want to use data. I put the sim in my old SGS2 and no issues. So the phone is having issues connecting data I guess.

These photos explain what I mean better.

original

Phone woke from sleep, full signal yet its grey not blue.

original

Correct APN is selected.

original

Mobile data is turned on

original

Finally connected, which took a reboot and selecting a different APN then going back onto my own APN for it to finally kick in, took 6 minutes in all and that will be fine until I put the phone to sleep, I then have to go through the same process.

I have also noticed when my signal is grey if I go to make a phone call I get a beep and a call failed error.

Anyone experienced these issues?

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I just hit the sync button if I loose data connection, which happens maybe once a week or something (im on virgin mobile).

Also, the thing being blue just means its connected to google in some way, not that you have lost all data. the signla at the top has E written over it. thats 2G connection and abysmally slow to the point you'd think you actually have no connection.

But yea, your middle 2 pictures do have no connection at all. Hit the sync button next time to see if that helps.

Alternatively, put the phone into airplane mode for 2-3 seconds and back out. That tends to also work.