Anyway for clock in status bar, etc to show am or pm?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess they presume we all go outside and know when the suns up -_- silly.
In my settings when i disable 24 Hrs it shows Am or Pm next to the time but only in settings it doesn't show it on the top right time.
I just leave mine on 24 hrs due to this.
THe only way I could think about changing it if you install a new rom e.g CM - not sure if they haven't as I haven't flashed a mobile before.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess they presume we all go outside and know when the suns up -_- silly.
In my settings when i disable 24 Hrs it shows Am or Pm next to the time but only in settings it doesn't show it on the top right time.
I just leave mine on 24 hrs due to this.
THe only way I could think about changing it if you install a new rom e.g CM - not sure if they haven't as I haven't flashed a mobile before.

Yup, this is a common feature in custom ROMs. Kind of overkill if all that is wanted is am/pm, but the option is there.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I know Fair was joking, but seriously. the only times I've ever been confused were while waking up from after-work nap during part of the year when twilight and dawn fall at the same hour.

Do you often not know whether it is day or night? I don't believe I have to go outside or even look at a clock to know this 99.99% of the time.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I know Fair was joking, but seriously. the only times I've ever been confused were while waking up from after-work nap during part of the year when twilight and dawn fall at the same hour.

Do you often not know whether it is day or night? I don't believe I have to go outside or even look at a clock to know this 99.99% of the time.

For some people it's a personal preference sort of thing. I run on a 24-hour clock and prefer the time to always be a four-digit value, obviously without AM/PM.

Edit: plus, there have definitely been times when I woke up after a long sleep and wasn't quite sure what time of day it was. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress