Nexus 4 EZ Mode

DMackey2

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a N4 for my mother in law, because I like the dam phone and its great build quality at a very reasonable price. So instead of buying her a $700 phone or strapping her to a 2 year plan she doesn't want or need, I thought an N4 would be a good deal on a PrePaid plan. That being said I saw the commercial the S4 has about EZ Mode, and I thought that was a great idea. A very simple interface I could lay over the top of Stock JB, that would have big buttons and allow her to not feel overwhelmed by a ton of options. Anyone have any suggestions how I might implement something like this?

Thanks in advance!

DM

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I did for my mother in law was get her a Nokia Windows Phone. Nice big icons, easy to use, not too many apps, and since the store is monitored (a la Apple), you don't have to worry about them downloading some Russian wallpapers app that will steal their credit card info because they don't realize that a Wallpaper app shouldn't need permission to access every darn thing on their phone. There are some very high quality Nokia devices available off contract at prices similar to the Nexus 4.

To more directly answer your question, I don't think it will be easy to do. Most ROMs and Launchers are aimed at more advanced users so they don't really have "easy modes".

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
What I did for my mother in law was get her a Nokia Windows Phone. Nice big icons, easy to use, not too many apps, and since the store is monitored (a la Apple), you don't have to worry about them downloading some Russian wallpapers app that will steal their credit card info because they don't realize that a Wallpaper app shouldn't need permission to access every darn thing on their phone. There are some very high quality Nokia devices available off contract at prices similar to the Nexus 4.

To more directly answer your question, I don't think it will be easy to do. Most ROMs and Launchers are aimed at more advanced users so they don't really have "easy modes".

This. Go get her a Nokia lumia 521

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd stick with a Windows Phone, I have a Lumia 820 and love it for it's simplicity and ease of use. You have to be geek at heart to really take Android to its full potential.

Sent from my Nexus 4