Nexus 4 just had a seizure?

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just sent a few snapchats and the screen went black, vibration started for about 10 seconds then the phone reset.

Is this common?

What typically causes this?! :S

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just sent a few snapchats and the screen went black, vibration started for about 10 seconds then the phone reset.

Is this common?

What typically causes this?! :S

Something caused your Android to restart. Could be a bad app, could be nothing, could be it needed to do a RAM dump. Hard to say. Is it frequent?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you updated to 4.3? If you go read in the comments section of Snapchat in the Play Store, you will find that there are compatibility issues with 4.3, so you will need to wait for an update from the developer to fix this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

David Vrla

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Just happend to me now. I looked at my snaps on Snapsave and when I pressed the home button the screen went black and the phone started vibrating and then it restarted. I was extremely scared of what is going on. Now I see that it is probably a Snapchat issue. Never happened before though.

I have a completly stock Nexus 4.

Sorry for my English.

HdzBlue

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had a very similar experience with my Nexus 4 as well. I was taking pictures on the stock camera app when it suddenly froze and it began to make vibrations and sounds similar to that of a tazer and the camera LED seemed to flash. After that one occasion, the same thing happened during the same circumstances twice, then the same occurrence happened during use of Snapchat as well. With this in regard, it can be assumed that it's a camera mishap. Unless both the stock camera and Snapchat are both bugged, I doubt it's merely an app problem.