Android Device Manager available

Jon Sid

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Available in Google Play. On your laptop, click on gear settings in Play Store > Android Device Manager which brings up a map to show where your device is and you can ring it even if it's on mute or wipe it clean of data. You must activate your device first and it needs to be online. Activate your device by going to Settings>security>device administrators and click on Android Device Manager.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a little problem with this Device Manager. I recently installed Android on my HP webOS Touchpad. The Device Manager is only seeing my Touchpad running Android and does not acknowledge my N4. I have the Device Manager set up on my phone, but it isn't recognized online. When I ring the device, my Touchpad rings. I get no dropdown arrow to choose another device.

Anyone know I can fix this???

Edited to share that I did fine the answer and it worked. Here's the info someone else posted on anther thread on one of the forums:

If your Android device doesn't appear in Android Device Manager, or if you see Unknown location despite your device being online and running Google Play services version 3.2.25 or higher, follow these steps:

Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.
Touch Android Device Manager.
Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
Restart your device.

Once your device restarts, wait around five minutes and refresh android.com/devicemanager.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non