How do you customize the settings buttons in the notification bar on the Nexus 4?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
While I like the settings buttons that are currently in the notification area (Brightness, Battery, Airplane mode, Bluetooth etc.), I would like to add more settings buttons there.

In particular I would like to add Screen Rotation toggle, Sounds and a couple of others. Is there a way to do this?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Is that the only way to customize the settings button in the notification bar...through a 3rd party app? There is no native solution?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If you choose not to do the customization and opt for a third party enhancement, Widgetsoid is another really good option apart from Power Toggles.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
If you choose not to do the customization and opt for a third party enhancement, Widgetsoid is another really good option apart from Power Toggles.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

+1 on Widgetsoid. I used it on my Gnex, never had a problem.

Sent via Note II

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Unless something has changed, the sad truth about these tools (Power Toggles, Widgetsoid, and the like) is that they are incapable of doing so many of the things that you might want to do with them. Recent versions of Android OS have made it impossible (without root) for such tools to directly toggle Airplane mode, for example.

ramar thangavel

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do you customize the settings buttons in the notification bar on the motog 2nd gen?

While I like the settings buttons that are currently in the notification area (Brightness, Battery, Airplane mode, Bluetooth etc.), I would like to add more settings buttons there.

In particular I would like to add Screen Rotation toggle, Sounds and a couple of others. Is there a way to do this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde