WTH? My S4(Brand new) Battery Drain

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't even had this phone a month. I charge it at night then unplug the charger before bed. I never turn the phone off. When I wake up it's showing the battery at 25%. WTH???? I still have my old S2 turned on after 26 days and even though the battery is super low, it's still charged. Any ideas what is draining my battery. I know zilch about roms, hacks etc so please don't get to high tech...in simple terms maybe :p I'm going by the AT & T store tomorrow and talk to them. I had 100 times more programs on my S2 than on this phone. I'm hoping for an easy fix. Thanks! :(

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even had this phone a month. I charge it at night then unplug the charger before bed. I never turn the phone off. When I wake up it's showing the battery at 25%. WTH???? I still have my old S2 turned on after 26 days and even though the battery is super low, it's still charged. Any ideas what is draining my battery. I know zilch about roms, hacks etc so please don't get to high tech...in simple terms maybe :p I'm going by the AT & T store tomorrow and talk to them. I had 100 times more programs on my S2 than on this phone. I'm hoping for an easy fix. Thanks! :(

You have an app running in the background is the likely culprit. You can use things like Wakelock detector to see what's not allowing your phone to sleep.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

anon(8008313)

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
"WTH? My S4(Brand new) Battery Drain"

While I appreciate that many types of smartphones share the same problems, maybe this is common to the S4.

Have you tried the S4 forum?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
First thing, power your phone off and on. It's a bit of a clich? in the tech support world but you'd be surprised how often it helps. Second thing would be to look in the S4 forum, they'll have more device specific experience.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress