Who is getting the Nexus 5?

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not really keen on 5" phones. I think the size of the S4 is max for me. Will have to check a few reviews first.

Posted via Android Central App

If 5-inch screen, I'll probably go with Moto X. Such a large phone would simply be too much for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
nexus5fcc.png

Is this it?

Because this has a modified S800 on a 4.95ish inch screen made by LG and some very strange radio combinations, coupled with Android 4.4 on it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this it?

Because this has a modified S800 on a 4.95ish inch screen made by LG and some very strange radio combinations, coupled with Android 4.4 on it.

If its made my LG i am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a Moto Nexus.
Even thought we know nothing about this phone as always its going to be an awesome phone.
I will skip 2013 Nexus and get the 2014 one.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If its made my LG i am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a Moto Nexus.
Even thought we know nothing about this phone as always its going to be an awesome phone.
I will skip 2013 Nexus and get the 2014 one.

Alex still hasn't ruled out the possibility of both.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have my money ready and will be ordering as soon as it hits the Google play store provided...there is a 32GB option!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody here on an annual Nexus upgrade cycle? What is the resale value of Nexus phones? How much can you expect to recoup after using it for a year? I am thinking of getting on the train starting this year.

I refuse to EVER be one of those people who already commit to a new device before I know a single thing about it. Chances are high i'll get the next Nexus 5, but there's no way i'm committed yet. I buy devices based on their features, capability, cost, and value. Not based solely on the name.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
If the price is similar to that of the nexus 4 I will be buying a nexus 5. I already have a buyer for my N4 as soon as the N5 is in my hands.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I refuse to EVER be one of those people who already commit to a new device before I know a single thing about it. Chances are high i'll get the next Nexus 5, but there's no way i'm committed yet. I buy devices based on their features, capability, cost, and value. Not based solely on the name.
Assuming the recent FCC device is the Nexus 5, we know quite a bit.

Features: made by LG, ~5 inch screen with length/width slightly smaller than the Nexus 4, 2300mAh non-removable battery, Snapdragon 800 processor, compatible with basically every carrier (with LTE) except Verizon, ships with Android 4.4, wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0, dual band 802.11b/g/n/ac Wifi

Capability: runs the latest version of Android and therefore all the newest apps/features Google introduces

Cost/Value: all the recent next devices have been very aggressively priced, which I'm sure will also apply to the Nexus 5

I'm ready to commit :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the recent FCC device is the Nexus 5, we know quite a bit.

Features: made by LG, ~5 inch screen with length/width slightly smaller than the Nexus 4, 2300mAh non-removable battery, Snapdragon 800 processor, compatible with basically every carrier (with LTE) except Verizon, ships with Android 4.4, wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0, dual band 802.11b/g/n/ac Wifi

Capability: runs the latest version of Android and therefore all the newest apps/features Google introduces

Cost/Value: all the recent next devices have been very aggressively priced, which I'm sure will also apply to the Nexus 5

I'm ready to commit :)

Assuming isn't always a good idea. I'm not saying there's no way it'll be good. I'm saying I will never be so closed minded to automatically declare my all out allegiance to an unknown device.

That always irritates me when talking to iPhone fans. I can KIND of see the Nexus phones because some people just LOVE the Nexus idea and feel. But with the new Google Edition devices it makes it a harder choice. Or at least i'd think it would.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm HOPING this is true for the Nexus 5. But I thought the Galaxy Nexus was priced like any other flagship.......but maybe i'm remembering wrong.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Assuming isn't always a good idea. I'm not saying there's no way it'll be good. I'm saying I will never be so closed minded to automatically declare my all out allegiance to an unknown device.

That always irritates me when talking to iPhone fans. I can KIND of see the Nexus phones because some people just LOVE the Nexus idea and feel. But with the new Google Edition devices it makes it a harder choice. Or at least i'd think it would.

Assuming is fun. I wouldn't prepay for the phone or anything, but Google has had a great track record with the Nexi. It really comes down to three things for me: low cost for a flagship, great specs, and having the latest version of Android. It's safe to assume (there I go again) that no other phone will have all three of these qualities.

I'm HOPING this is true for the Nexus 5. But I thought the Galaxy Nexus was priced like any other flagship.......but maybe i'm remembering wrong.

I think you're right. When Google moved to the numbered Nexus devices (4, 7, 10 - but not One) they started getting super aggressive with their prices.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

It was through carriers (landed on Verizon first) and was later cheaper on the play store for the gsm version.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Knowing the spec sheet didn't tell us anything. Look at the s4 and moto x based only on FCC sources.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

MikeySoft001

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
IMO, there is no n5. The FCC report states the screen is under 5 inch. That is why lg said they are not making the n5. The FCC report states the phone screen is a little larger but the phone size is a little smaller then the present n4.

Anyway, I ordered the present n4 for my wife. Most likely I will order the new n4 ii if it is the one in the FCC report when it comes out. I was consent the n5 would be too big before the FCC report.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non