migrating from a Samsung Note II to Nexus 5

KHWong0425

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

just a few questions. My wife currently is on the Note II. While she loves the phone; she has been of late complaining about TW bogging down and the responsiveness not as good.

I urged her to look into a Nexus 5, and it seems to have gained her attention.

I want to know; can the Nexus 5 with the proper software; act and replicate the stylus programs found in the Note II? I know I will be needing to get her a stylus with the N5 when it comes out. But apparently the software suite that works for the Note II is quite useful, and I just want to make the transition as easy as possible for her when it comes time to move from TW to Stock android; without loosing the functionality of what she is used to.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Simply no. TW has made the stylus what is for the note series and frankly for this generation of smart phones. Getting a stylus for Nexus 5 with stock android is not same or even close to the S-Pen Note 1,2, and 3 with TW.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Plus their no third party apps for stylus that produce the functionality that TW has for the S-Pen.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say no problem to switch to the Nexus until you brought up the s pen. My suggestion...get the Note 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

KHWong0425

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

thanks, its a easy direct answer.

but I take it a stylus for note taking on the regular programs should not be an issue, but the core TW cannot be replicated.

would of thought that by now some developers would be making these programs for the bigger phones!

thanks everyone.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

thanks, its a easy direct answer.

but I take it a stylus for note taking on the regular programs should not be an issue, but the core TW cannot be replicated.

would of thought that by now some developers would be making these programs for the bigger phones!

thanks everyone.

All good. T

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Go for it!
I've had the note 2 for about 8 months and am drooling with anticipation for January when I can take the plunge to the nexus 5. I'm going to be getting one for my wonderful wife as well.

The note 2 has been an awesome phone but I'm more interested in system updates in an expedient amount of time.

T-Mobile note 2