Anybody concerned with battery?

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
According to reports the phone would last you about 8 hours during browsing and 6 hours of video watching, and in my opinion that is not good battery life. Whats your opinion let me know.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
According to reports the phone would last you about 8 hours during browsing and 6 hours of video watching, and in my opinion that is not good battery life. Whats your opinion let me know.
6 hours of screen time is not good battery? Which other phone can do that consistently? The G2 and Note 3 are the only ones that have this or better
Some people's expectations for battery life are unrealistic...

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
6-8 hours of screen time is really good for a regular sized phone! Especially with 1080p on the screen. What's the expectation? To compare, my moto x gets 4-5 hours on the screen and 24 hours in, it's hitting 15%.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
6-8 hours of screen time is really good for a regular sized phone! Especially with 1080p on the screen. What's the expectation? To compare, my moto x gets 4-5 hours on the screen and 24 hours in, it's hitting 15%.

5 hours of screen time with 15% remaining means you can get 5H and 45M, so you're not too far off.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

Please tell me about any other phone that gets 6 hours of screen time. That's out of this world. I have an HTC One with the same size battery, and the battery is plenty good for me. This is likely to perform better because the CPU is more efficient.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
5 hours of screen time with 15% remaining means you can get 5H and 45M, so you're not too far off.

True, but most days I charge it while I sleep so it's really not getting to 15% much. I just tested harder these last couple of weeks because of the Verizon soak test. :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
True, but most days I charge it while I sleep so it's really not getting to 15% much. I just tested harder these last couple of weeks because of the Verizon soak test. :)

It's been a while since we had a significant improvement in battery. There needs to be some other way to improve it, I think that's part of the reason why phones are getting bigger. Just to house the larger batteries that people are demanding

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is that anyone who is already complaining about the battery life of an unannounced phone gets the ban hammer!

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Let the phone come and and give it some use before you complain about the battery. Geesh.

Posted with my S4 via Android Central App

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is that anyone who is already complaining about the battery life of an unannounced phone gets the ban hammer!

This came from somebody that has had the phone already and even showed pictures of it in his hand and been testing the battery, the Z1 gets over 10 hours of video which is great, battery is always a concern if you are a heavy user, I do browse a lot so I hope I can get the most out of it, Im not too sure on materials used by google nexus 4 has a more appealing look than the 5.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This came from somebody that has had the phone already and even showed pictures of it in his hand and been testing the battery, the Z1 gets over 10 hours of video which is great, battery is always a concern if you are a heavy user, I do browse a lot so I hope I can get the most out of it, Im not too sure on materials used by google nexus 4 has a more appealing look than the 5.

All I'm saying is lets wait till lots of people have these in their hands and we get a better picture of what the battery life is like before we get concerned.

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Where did you read that about the Z1? I've never seen a phone that gets 10 hours of screen-on time. I'm not saying you're a liar; I'd just like to read more about this and I haven't seen it anywhere.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Where did you read that about the Z1? I've never seen a phone that gets 10 hours of screen-on time. I'm not saying you're a liar; I'd just like to read more about this and I haven't seen it anywhere.

Well I have the Z1 and battery on it is outstanding, but when I saw the numbers and that was a while back, really cant recall the site, but the nexus would have been much better with 3000 mah tbh.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I have the Z1 and battery on it is outstanding, but when I saw the numbers and that was a while back, really cant recall the site, but the nexus would have been much better with 3000 mah tbh.
There is no phone that gets anywhere near 10 hours of screen time. The best I've seen was around 7 hours and it was the G2. Also saw a Note 3 with 7 hours

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

While PhoneArena's battery testing of the Z1 might not be representative of their usage, as applied across a range of phones it came back with these durations:

Code:
BATTERY LIFE
We measure battery life by running a custom script, replicating the power consumption of typical real-life usage.
NAME	TIMEHIGHER IS BETTER
LG G2	6h 48 min
HTC ONE	5h 45 min
SAMSUNG GALAXY S4	4h 59 min
SONY XPERIA Z1	4h 43 min

The Z1 was not exactly a leader in that department.

EDIT - That page lets you add other phone test results for comparison...

Code:
GOOGLE NEXUS 4	4h 47 min
SONY XPERIA Z1	4h 43 min

DrewDT

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My main concern is that it is a sealed battery. How does one change it in a year when capacity diminishes?

Posted via Android Central App