AT&T Visual Voicemail or Google Voice (lite)

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Google Voice with my Nexus 4. Now with Nexus 5 am thinking of simply using AT&T Visual Voicemail wondering if it is a bit slicker / nicer.

Thoughts?

Having troubles with my LTE service, though, so all kinds of problems... Anyone with good APN settings?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
no no no! use Google Voice "LITE" for you Voicemail! VVM, FREE TRANSCRIPTION, listen to messages on PC (Chrome Extension), and much more! -

Set up or Remove Google voicemail for your mobile phone

Set Up Google voicemail on your phone

Google Voice Lite lets you set up Google voicemail for your mobile phone number. You'll have all your voicemail in one place, with transcriptions, access to your past voicemails, and voicemail sharing options.

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en&ctx=cb&src=cb&cbid=-1sx3qhtutyt40&cbrank=0

Josh McFly

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
no no no! use Google Voice "LITE" for you Voicemail! VVM, FREE TRANSCRIPTION, listen to messages on PC (Chrome Extension), and much more! -

Set up or Remove Google voicemail for your mobile phone

Set Up Google voicemail on your phone

Google Voice Lite lets you set up Google voicemail for your mobile phone number. You'll have all your voicemail in one place, with transcriptions, access to your past voicemails, and voicemail sharing options.

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en&ctx=cb&src=cb&cbid=-1sx3qhtutyt40&cbrank=0

Thanks for the info!!

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Came to my senses. Had that weird hiccup where Google Voice number (not my number) said I had a voicemail notification but no voicemail. Not sure how I got it off my phone, maybe by cancelling AT&T Visual Voicemail?

Anyway, all back up and running.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
when i ported from Sprint to AT&T with my Nexus 5 i set up GV Lite for Voicemail but forgot to set up basic AT&T voicemail and thus GV Lite Voicemail didn't work at first. so just a reminder for those porting that you need to set up basic AT&T Voicemail first so it can do the CCF - Conditional Call Forwarding to GV Lite Voicemail.

another cool feature of GV Lite Voicemail is the ability to save, download, send, archive, your old Voicemails easily.