Question On Nexus 5 (Sprint & AT&T)

fatalextinction

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I've ordered my Nexus 5 from the Play Store with the 2-day shipping, great right? Well it says it will leave the warehouse on December 3. :( With taxes and shipping the total cost is $3 shy of what Sprint is selling it for. Now will an unlocked or an off-contract Nexus 5 from sprint work on AT&T's network? Or is it locked to sprint? Thank you in advance!

edit: I just realized that it is only the 16GB model which is a deal breaker for me. Sad, I want this phone so bad, I'm not looking at everything closely enough.

Last edited:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe that the Sprint version is locked to the carrier. I don't have any real proof, but I suspect this because of the way they are selling it at Best buy. They only advertise the phone as being for Sprint. If it were unlocked then they could advertise it for AT&T and T-Mobile if that makes any sense.

Sent from my Nexus 5

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I've ordered my Nexus 5 from the Play Store with the 2-day shipping, great right? Well it says it will leave the warehouse on December 3. :( With taxes and shipping the total cost is $3 shy of what Sprint is selling it for. Now will an unlocked or an off-contract Nexus 5 from sprint work on AT&T's network? Or is it locked to sprint? Thank you in advance!

edit: I just realized that it is only the 16GB model which is a deal breaker for me. Sad, I want this phone so bad, I'm not looking at everything closely enough.
Picked up my"Sprint version" to use on AT&T from Best Buy today and it works like a charm! All north american models are the same so once you throw your Sim card in you are good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my"Sprint version" to use on AT&T from Best Buy today and it works like a charm! All north american models are the same so once you throw your Sim card in you are good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's good to hear. I thought that it was going to be locked to Sprint like the Galaxy Nexus. That's awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty