Yes, apparently ART has a noticeable (positive) affect in battery life

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely much better than when using Dalvik. I wasn't getting anywhere close to this. This is better than my HTC one also. And although this was on WiFi the whole time, that's good enough for me. There was about an hour of games in there too. And idle time seems to drain a lot less too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384229213027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384229213027.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 52
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384229273907.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384229273907.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 54

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't look like you used it at all.
Some Apps should show up there if you did.
Chrome, YouTube or something, anything.

Nope they don't. Yes, I did use it. Candy crush, maps, hangouts, aldiko, firefox, Gmail, taptalk... Probably others I forgot. I used it like I normally do except I kept the display on.

Rookie4sho

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys actually sure its Art that's making your batteries last longer and not the fact that you all have a new device that needs to be conditioned. I mean as your conditioning your new phone batteries, for every charge and discharge you are going to see an improvement. Perhaps everyone should have conditioned there batteries at least for a week or so before switching to this Art mode.

androidfan1x

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys actually sure its Art that's making your batteries last longer and not the fact that you all have a new device that needs to be conditioned. I mean as your conditioning your new phone batteries, for every charge and discharge you are going to see an improvement. Perhaps everyone should have conditioned there batteries at least for a week or so before switching to this Art mode.

Or maybe because of both.

turbodmac

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I picked up this device Sunday morning, and switched to ART that evening. Yesterday was my first full day so I was playing around with it quite a bit. I obviously can't credit anything to ART since there's no reference without it but I had almost 19 hours off the charger, LTE for about 8 of it - WiFi the rest. My screen is on auto with an on time of almost 4 hours. Comparing to my Z10, the battery life is already better with the same number of accounts set up (4 emails, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) and additional Facebook, Flipboard and GoogleNow widgets as well. When I put it on the charger I still had 26% battery left. I have to say I'm quite happy so far no matter if ART is making a difference or not. :cool:

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

My comparison was with the same device days before. And I never use wifi. So for me it was an accurate comparison.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I switched to "ART" 3 or 4 days ago and I have not really noticed any major gains or losses in battery life or performance. Any gains seem to be minimal at best... That You tube video showing how art is slightly faster on the two Nexus 7's even shows you with an app that takes a while to open the difference is a split second... Battery life wise I am getting about the same after as I was before ART.. But I also don't use my phone the same each day... Hard to tell a real difference unless your in a lab with two devices running the same apps at the same time and in the same way over the course of a week or two.... Great little phone specially for the money... It's super fast and for my real world use the battery last plenty long enough... After the original EVO 4G I got use to making sure I had a cable at my desk (at work), in my car, at my computer (at home) and at my night stand... I typically will throw it on the charger every day roughly 2 hours before quitting time so I leave work with a fully charged battery to last me through the night..

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday with the battery at 80%, I did the ART conversion. I still have not plugged my phone in yet. I know, a lousy 35 minutes of screen run time and brightness set to 0% most of the time (hate overly bright screens) and this is where I am at right now.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I switched to Art yesterday and had to return to Dalvik. I had my phone connected to my bluetooth speaker and streaming radio in Google Play Music. The phone would either restart every few songs or would go into the Nexus boot screen but the music would keep playing. I haven't modified the phone at all. I will note that it didn't seem to happen when I played music that was stored locally, only when streaming music in Google Play (I didn't try streaming in any other apps). Anyone else have an issue like that? Other than that, I've never had a problem with the phone, so I just returned it to Dalvik and haven't had any issues.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Art yesterday and had to return to Dalvik. I had my phone connected to my bluetooth speaker and streaming radio in Google Play Music. The phone would either restart every few songs or would go into the Nexus boot screen but the music would keep playing. I haven't modified the phone at all. I will note that it didn't seem to happen when I played music that was stored locally, only when streaming music in Google Play (I didn't try streaming in any other apps). Anyone else have an issue like that? Other than that, I've never had a problem with the phone, so I just returned it to Dalvik and haven't had any issues.
That's one of the issues with ART. It's not playing nice with certain apps, features and or mods. That's an issue of apps not being designed for the system and the result is force closures and crashes like you are having.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
That's one of the issues with ART. It's not playing nice with certain apps, features and or mods. That's an issue of apps not being designed for the system and the result is force closures and crashes like you are having.

Not too worried, it should be good to go around the time it hits carrier phones as a finished product

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com

Yep which is why I didn't get bothered by it. I can't wait until it's fully cooked though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38