Screen capture

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Been trying to take a screenshot of my N5; I've tried holding the down volume and pressing power together and also don't find a choice on my power menu when I hold in the power button.

I've tried rebooting. Not rooted. 4.4.2

When I try the two button approach the volume bar appears and either beeps or drops to zero.

Any suggestions?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to take a screenshot of my N5; I've tried holding the down volume and pressing power together and also don't find a choice on my power menu when I hold in the power button.

I've tried rebooting. Not rooted. 4.4.2

When I try the two button approach the volume bar appears and either beeps or drops to zero.

Any suggestions?
You have the right combination... Down volume/Power Button...Just keep trying till you hit it right. It takes a few tries some times to get it right. It does seem more finicky on 4.4.2. It does work though.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
After continuing to play, with the encouragement above, it seems like I more likely succeed when I hit the power button first by a fraction of a second. Not long enough for the power menu to come up...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I usually just use two hands to do it. It seems to work more often for me like that. Otherwise, what you described happens. Either the volume lowers, or the power button menu pops up.
I use my left hand to hit the volume down, and my right hand to hit the power.

coljaspal

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been repeatedly and patiently trying to take a screen shot on my moto g (Android 4.4.2) using the above method, but have not succeeded yet!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen capture in 4.4.2

In 4.4.2 (Note 3) hold power & Homa buttons.
It works !!!.

Txinguetti

Thanks, and welcome to Android Central! But keep in mind that this thread is for the Nexus 5. The Note 3 has a different button press combination, as you pointed out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member