Is it too late to buy a Nexus 5?

Jimmy Grzybek

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I need a new phone, but I think that it might be too late for the nexus 5.

I can wait for the galaxy s5, but I would prefer a stock android experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is it too late to buy a nexus 5?

Why would it be too late to buy a Nexus 5? It hasn't even been out for that long. I would just go ahead and buy it.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

With how fast tech moves it is always to late to buy a phone!

I'd have no reservations buying it now.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If 4 months is considered "too late", then I don't think it matters what you buy cause it sounds like you'd be replacing it soon anyway. Only those who swap phones constantly would feel like 4 months old is getting too old to buy. The Nexus 5 is awesome. It was awesome when it was a month old, and it's awesome now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree with all of the above. The Nexus 5 will be fresh for quite some time, especially with it being first in line for updates. If you want to wait for the S5, you'd probably want to wait for the GPE. But as mentioned above, if you're always waiting for the next big thing, then you'll always be waiting for the next big thing. It's a vicious cycle.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

I just got my Nexus and I don't feel it was too late for it. Specs wise, the only areas it will be beat within the next couple of months is battery capacity and camera megapixels. The snapdragon s805 won't be ready until the summer, so the next Samsung and HTC one will both be using the same s800 that the nexus has, though maybe clocked a little higher. 2gb ram is plenty for a stock device, mine only uses around 300-400mb. And screen resolutions will either be the same or barely noticable improvement. Plus The Nexus will get all the updates strait from Google for at least the next 14 months.

If you want to wait though, wait for the HTC One and S5 announcements, heck maybe they'll come out with GEP versions again this year.

killthedope

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

i dont think its too late .. the phone still has one of the best specs in the market .. go for it

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I got my nexus 4 end of Jan due to stock issues. It didn't feel late and I still love it. If you want it, get it :)

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

If I was in the market now, I'd try to hold out for the HTC 2 or M8 or whatever they call it. But for the N5, it won't be to late until just before the N5 2014 comes out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mmcdonald599

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

The primary reason for buying a Nexus phone would be for pure unadulterated android, and the next Nexus phone doesn't come out until fourth quarter this year. It's never too late if you're happy!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

If you wait for the newest devices then you will never have a device. When a new product is announced, there's going to be successors that follow. The nexus 5 is a great device and I doubt you'll have buyers remorse! Good luck in you decision 👍

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

And out of stock already :eek:

Actually? I ordered my red one Saturday, had no idea stock was going to disappear like that. Luck was on my side I guess!

Edit: 16gb is back in stock, leaves in 1-2 business days

Last edited:

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

If you wait for the newest devices then you will never have a device. When a new product is announced, there's going to be successors that follow. The nexus 5 is a great device and I doubt you'll have buyers remorse! Good luck in you decision 

They may have underestimated the demand, though their track record for keeping enough stock on hand precedes them.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

If this is even a concern your buying it for the wrong reasons in the first place. Just lie and tell your friends you bought it and see if you get the status you were looking for.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

In my opinion it is not too late. You'll enjoy the device plenty and it'll receive updates from Google for awhile. Plus, when the official updates stop rolling out the Dev community will continue to update the device if it's possible. If you want the latest hardware then that's another issue. Regardless of the device, you'll not be on the latest and greatest as that will soon be replaced by the next model.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I know someone with an unopened Nexus 4 they bought as a spare a month before the price drop. Did they buy too late? Or too early? :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo