Nexus 5 and h.265/HEVC playback

glc650

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone successfully playing back HEVC media with a Nexus 5? If so, with which media player?

I've tried several and Ultimate Media Player seems to be the best - others either don't play the video at all or don't play the audio or have too many frame drops - although I get some frame drops (even with the lowest settings and H/W decoding on).

Thanks,

->g.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone successfully playing back HEVC media with a Nexus 5? If so, with which media player?

I've tried several and Ultimate Media Player seems to be the best - others either don't play the video at all or don't play the audio or have too many frame drops - although I get some frame drops (even with the lowest settings and H/W decoding on).

Thanks,

->g.

I love MX Player. Supports every format I've ever thrown at it. Not sure if it supports HEVC.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks,

->g.

Try MX Player. If that doesn't work, try BS Player.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

RG Bargy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
X265 works on my lg g3 in mxplayer with hw decoder selected in settings, (i only had audio and a black screen with sw decoder). Dont know if nexus 5 has the right hardware to do it though?

kathy13xia

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
What is BS player? I don' think media player can support H.265 video now because my VLC media player is not compatible with any H.265 MP4 video I have tried.