How many apps can 16Gb hold?

selena650

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I use a lot of apps. I was wondering if 16GB is more than enough for apps? I use about 8GB of Spotify storage alone. I dont save pics on my phone. Just apps, games, and music. Lol. I listen to a lot of songs. Im using an iPhone 5s 16GB right now and the storage sucks. It tells me i need to delete apps. I usually get the 32GB of android phones. But just tell me what you think. T-mobile only has the 16GB version. Would this be a good phone for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I use a lot of apps. I was wondering if 16GB is more than enough for apps? I use about 8GB of Spotify storage alone. I dont save pics on my phone. Just apps, games, and music. Lol. I listen to a lot of songs. Im using an iPhone 5s 16GB right now and the storage sucks. It tells me i need to delete apps. I usually get the 32GB of android phones. But just tell me what you think. T-mobile only has the 16GB version. Would this be a good phone for me?

32 GB is the way to go. Buy it from the play store or wherever. Way too many horror stories about 16GB and space.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the size of the apps, and how much data they will store. For example, as you said, spotify is taking 8GB storage for the data. The app itself is much smaller. Some games are 1-10MB, but there are other games that are over 1GB in size (gameloft games for example).
Personally, I'd suggest the 32GB (especially since this doesn't have expandable storage onboard - you can use OTG, but that has its limitations)

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

You should definitely buy it from the Play Store. T-Mobile charges $396 for the 16GB version, I believe. For four dollars more, you can buy the 32GB version from the Play Store.

Last edited:

selena650

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't have $400 right now. So i was gonna get the nexus 5, save up then pay my installment plan from t-mobile. But it looks like from the input I'm getting its cheaper to save up now for the 32GB from the play store. Thank you for the advice. It did help with my decision.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the 16, and it's not bad. My biggest problem was having to remove my music from the phone to do a backup (since there isn't quite enough room).

You should be able to check your current phone space usage for apps under Storage. it will break your apps usage down nicely. If you don't keep every photo/video ever on your phone, don't use lots of big apps, don't need your whole music library on there, you can probably get away with the 16 GB.

I went 16 for the same reason you did, "Financing". If I hadn't, I would still have my old GNex (shudder).

That said, if you can save up for the 32, I would recommend it. More room means more room to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress