Android 4.4.4 Radio

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am the original poster for the Android 4.4.3 Radio thread and now that Android 4.4.4 is out and supposedly it patched the radio again in this update. How has the radio been for you guys in Android 4.4.4?

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am the original poster for the Android 4.4.3 Radio thread and now that Android 4.4.4 is out and supposedly it patched the radio again in this update. How has the radio been for you guys in Android 4.4.4?

It has only been 1/2 a day, but in my normal spots it is slightly better by a few bars. Will keep an eye on it throughout the day.

Posted via Android Central App

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. In my internal office, I could never get any bars for LTE. Now that I have 4.4.4 I get two. So far it has made a difference.

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have found the 4.4.4 radio to be as bad as 4.4.3. Again today my phone just reported "emergency calls only" for a couple of hours where my wife's N4 was fine (on 4.4.3). My top battery usage is "cell standby" at 45%. This happened to me on 4.4.3 as well but I have never seen anything like it on 4.4.2 and earlier. Rebooted the phone many times etc while this was happening but made no difference.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have found the 4.4.4 radio to be as bad as 4.4.3. Again today my phone just reported "emergency calls only" for a couple of hours where my wife's N4 was fine (on 4.4.3). My top battery usage is "cell standby" at 45%. This happened to me on 4.4.3 as well but I have never seen anything like it on 4.4.2 and earlier. Rebooted the phone many times etc while this was happening but made no difference.

To be fair it's tough to compare one phone to a completely different phone. Many times different radios are used, design of the phone and materials used can influence it as well.

But either that still sucks :(

Posted via Android Central App

dkreeg

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I've found the signal strength to be slightly less with the 4.4.4 radio. The signal bouncing between LTE and HSDPA more than usual in my normal locations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk