Weather widgets that aren't battery hogs

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using EZ Weather HD and while it looks nice, it seems to be a battery hog. Can you guys recommend other apps that are visually-pleasing but run lean?

Sent from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
ATM I use the "stickmyheadoutthewindow" app and it works but lacks a 4-day forecast. Doesn't seem to effect my battery in the least.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't any weather widget that allows you to choose the update interval be easy on battery? I use Transparent Weather or something like that because I like the widget's style - I have it set to update once per hour and if I open the app itself (not just the widget). Doesn't seem to have a bad effect on battery life.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like Yahoo Weather. I used Accuweather and didn't find is Accu. I don't have a battery problem but I don't know if either is a hog or not.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Shouldn't any weather widget that allows you to choose the update interval be easy on battery? I use Transparent Weather or something like that because I like the widget's style - I have it set to update once per hour and if I open the app itself (not just the widget). Doesn't seem to have a bad effect on battery life.
That's the way 1Weather works. I have it set to update every fifteen minutes on my Moto X.

I like Yahoo Weather. I used Accuweather and didn't find is Accu. I don't have a battery problem but I don't know if either is a hog or not.
I had Accuweather for awhile and dumped it after a week. That was some time ago and I don't remember why.

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The best for your battery I think is Dashclock widget. It comes with a weather extension but you can install other weather extensions too. Eye in the Sky and atmosHere are great weather apps that have a persistent notification for weather. I kind of like that option as opposed to a normal widget. Neither are hard on your battery and you can choose how often you want them to sync in the background

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
No matter which one you pick if you can not control how often the widget updates you will not have much control over battery usage. I have been using Google Now for my weather needs because widgets use more battery no matter which one you pick.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
No matter which one you pick if you can not control how often the widget updates you will not have much control over battery usage. I have been using Google Now for my weather needs because widgets use more battery no matter which one you pick.

1. Fancy Widgets
2. Arcus Weather

both of the Widgets above allow you to set the update interval. i set both to 30 minutes and have no significant adverse battery life effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non