Anyone having a issue with Textra and Lollipop?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I love Textra on my N5 but with the upgrade to Lollipop I sometimes get a fast flashing or spasming loop on my lockscreen when I get a SMS/MMS text. The phone won't unlock during the flashing loop. It works OK most of the time when receiving SMS/MMS but every now and then I get a text and it starts the flashing loop at the lockscreen that nothing works until I power off the phone and reboot. [ I have done a Factory Reset since Lollipop.]

I tried using Hangout again for two days and it doesn't have the flashing lockscreen issue. Textra is my idea of what a SMS/MMS should be.

Note: I am on T-Moblie/Metro PCS network and I am using Textra's MMS fix for T-Mobile that disables the phones Wi-Fi when sending and receiving texts. It turns the Wi-Fi back on when the all texts are finished send/received. This Wi-Fi over-ride fix is due to T-Mobile not allowing Textra's to get it trusted certifications on their network. T-Mobile wants me to use Hangout that came with the phone that has the trusted certification. This fix was implemented when T-Mobile/Metro started allowing voice/text over Wi-Fi.

Anyone else having this Flashing Loop that is using Textra with Lollipop? I hate going back to Hangout it is so primitive to me compared to Textra.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I would contact Textra and see if they've heard of this problem from others with Lollipop or check the app comments. I don't have Lollipop yet so can't help beyond this.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I would contact Textra and see if they've heard of this problem from others with Lollipop or check the app comments. I don't have Lollipop yet so can't help beyond this.

I contacted The Textra team and just got this reply back.

" It is a issue with your custom Swiftkey keyboard. It impacts other Apps to, like WhatsApp. Apoligies, it is not possible for us to fix it, Swiftkey needs to fix it. Please contact Swiftkey."

Well I turned off Swiftkey and we will see what happens. I have to give props to Textra that answered my email in only a few hours with a solution. Loving Textra even more since it was free and I have paid for Swiftkey a few times when they had separate products for tables and cell phones.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hope it works now. I love developers that respond! I'm happy to give money to buy an app with a responsive developer.

drkkittle

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I was having that issue...it updated and was fixed, but now it goes to a black screen if I push the O button (sorry I'm not tech savvy) rather than the back arrow when I'm done reading messages. The only fix is to reboot.