i notced on my Nexus 6 switches from LTE to HSPA, is that normal? On AT&T

chasmanz28

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes why is that? My old phone on the same network either it was LTE or 4G. Different phones maybe? I thought HSPA was on TM network only.

Last edited:

chasmanz28

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I went under Network settings and noticed nothing was checked on the type recommended. So i checked LTE, i wonder if that will make a diffrence? Also i noticed the Data roaming isnt checked either, does that need to be checked also?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it's semantics. I believe when it says H, it means it's on what US carriers call 3G or 4G. From what I understand, what US carriers call "4G" is really just an upgraded 3G. So the "H" means HSPA (3G) or HSPA+ (4G). I don't think it displays a difference between the two.

Next up, it shows LTE.

So, the Nexus phones show:
G = GPRS = 1G
E = EDGE = 2G
H = HSPA = 3G *or* HSPA+ = 4G
LTE = LTE = 4G LTE

Again, what US carriers call "4G" is nothing more than upgrades 3G. LTE is the true 4G.

Posted via the Android Central App

trippymanni

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Can I force my phone to stay on a lower connectivity, seems to hop between 4g and H quite a lot. Im guessing that consumes power; switching and all

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
My phone switches a lot too. And lately even on LTE it is super slow. It takes about 45 seconds to load an instagram video, that is if it even does load it.