Screen Doesn't Come Back on to Hang Up Phone Call

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Title says it all. Talking on the phone, pull phone away from ear to hang up, screen does not come back on. Have to hit power button.

Anyone else? Any solution?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I read on another thread here that there are issues with the proximity sensor. That may be the problem here. If it is the sensor, there isn't much that can be done.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. Talking on the phone, pull phone away from ear to hang up, screen does not come back on. Have to hit power button.

Anyone else? Any solution?

A lot of the problems people have with function of the proximity sensor stem from their having a screen protector covering the sensor. If yours does, try removing it and seeing if that resolves the issue (it took care of it for me with my original SP, which I replaced with one that had a cutout for it).

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
A lot of the problems people have with function of the proximity sensor stem from their having a screen protector covering the sensor. If yours does, try removing it and seeing if that resolves the issue (it took care of it for me with my original SP, which I replaced with one that had a cutout for it).

No screen protector, but the problem has stopped after two (not after one) reboot. Bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez