The Nexus 6 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Once it's out for the N6, I just have to wait for the modified boot img to come out so I can keep my device decrypted
DZJSxA1.png

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Why does this take so long to get to the Nexus 6? I bought one because I wanted to get updates right away when they are announced, but here I sit at 5.0.1, not even the 5.0.2 that was released weeks ago.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Why does this take so long to get to the Nexus 6? I bought one because I wanted to get updates right away when they are announced, but here I sit at 5.0.1, not even the 5.0.2 that was released weeks ago.
Sounds like a person that never worked in IT before. 5.0.2 never officially rolled out to the Nexus 6 because it was only a few weeks old and this is a brand new piece of hardware relatively speaking. these things take a little time if you want something that is stable. if you don't want stable, root your device and load the first one that drops from a Dev.

Sent from my Nexus 6

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a person that never worked in IT before. 5.0.2 never officially rolled out to the Nexus 6 because it was only a few weeks old and this is a brand new piece of hardware relatively speaking. these things take a little time if you want something that is stable. if you don't want stable, root your device and load the first one that drops from a Dev.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Man, that's kind of harsh.
Think 5.02 still had a major memory leak.
Gods willing, 5.1 does not.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 6

Whenever a new version of Android is released, most of the other recent Nexus devices get it almost instantly. I don't think it's ignorant to expect the same on the newest Nexus device, which is what your post implies. Apple is able to release iOS versions the same day as they are announced, so it's not like it's impossible to do.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Whenever a new version of Android is released, most of the other recent Nexus devices get it almost instantly. I don't think it's ignorant to expect the same on the newest Nexus device, which is what your post implies. Apple is able to release iOS versions the same day as they are announced, so it's not like it's impossible to do.
I would not say ignorant I would say naive. Part of what is rolling out with this new version is HD Voice on Verizon (the largest carrier in the United States) . I am sure they are testing the crap out of it before it rolls out for production. 2 years from now when this phone is old you will get drops the same day everyone else does.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Still no mute function with Lollipop (although, according to the article, Samsung was able to include a mute option in its revised version of Lollipop) ???!!!
Mute what? Your voice on a call? I have that. Or are you talking about something else like notifications... I'm confused.

Sent from my Nexus 6

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Still no mute function with Lollipop

In the end, what's the difference between the current "none" and the old "mute"? OK, you have to tap on the screen rather than just the volume rocker, but to me that's not a big deal.

Also I think that having a distinction between none and priority is quite useful - I do want my parents to be able to call me in the middle of the night.

Posted via the Android Central App